Calories in Alcoholic Drinks

Options
Hi myfitnesspal community :)
I just wanted to let out some steam and vent about how many calories are in drinks.
I burned over 756 calories today power walking and jogging. However; I have a 7 ounce kahula mudslide and it cost me 504 calories. I also had a iced coffee mocha and it was about 298 calories! Holy Cheese & Crackers!! It seems that I have to run a marathon in order to have a glass of wine, beer or iced coffee! Funny thing is I don't even drink that much but I do have a thing for Mocha Iced Coffee! LOL ( I guess I'll have to down size and get a small next time.) Feel free to add comments.

Replies

• BrandChase
    Options
    I hate that so many beverages have tons of calories. I would rather save my calories for food that is going to hold me over. Unfortunately all the yummy drinks have tons of sugar and calories so I just stick with water! :grumble:
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    I agree with you...NOT FAIR!!!!
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE iced coffee but as hard as it is, I have given it up until I reach each of my goals. My first goal was 20 pounds and I reached that on Valentine's Day so I treated myself to Caribou. I still have another 11 pounds to go before I treat myself to that again. I just hate drinking calories, so 9 times out of 10, I stick with water too!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I just wanted to let out some steam and vent about how many calories are in drinks.
    I burned over 756 calories today power walking and jogging. However; I have a 7 ounce kahula mudslide and it cost me 504 calories. I also had a iced coffee mocha and it was about 298 calories! Holy Cheese & Crackers!! It seems that I have to run a marathon in order to have a glass of wine, beer or iced coffee! Funny thing is I don't even drink that much but I do have a thing for Mocha Iced Coffee! LOL ( I guess I'll have to down size and get a small next time.) Feel free to add comments.

Try Dutch Bros low fat sugar free carburater they have very few calories about 110 depending on size
  • brigitbella
    Options
    i feel you. had a maragrita the other night at a whopping 1200 kcals!!
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I know it sucks!!

I make a pretty good iced mocha that's only 40 calories!!!!

1 cup almond milk (40 cals)
    1-2 teaspoons instant coffee (0 cals)
    2 oz torani sugar free chocolate syrup (0 cals)
    1-2 pkt Splenda if you like it x-tra sweet (0 cals)
    pour over ice or blend in blend with ice to make a frappaccino

Sometimes i add a scoop of chocolate whey powder if I need more protein and then blend. Yummy!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Try Skinny girl brand margs. Very low cal. They sell it by the bottle at costco.
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    it really is sad, you can choose some of the light beer. Bud select is only like 50 calories, but if you are like me, i like my mixed drinks once in awhile
  • brigitbella
    Options
    Try Skinny girl brand margs. Very low cal. They sell it by the bottle at costco.

thanks, i'll give it a try!!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yep! It sucks! even though I rarely drinkm I'd like the option without blowing so many calories in one shot!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Not necessarily. A glass of wine is around 100 calories. And you could do a shot of some liquor and a diet or no cal beverage. If I'm going to drink (anything other than wine) I choose vodka, club soda and lemon juice. 60 calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

thanks, i'll give it a try!!
    Here:
    http://www.skinnygirlcocktails.com/
  • nicolettekee
    Options
    im all bout some ice coffees...once i started using myfitness i started getting my coffees at starbucks...get fatfree milk, no whip, and i ask for sugar free syrups
  • ktbkitten
    ktbkitten Posts: 63
    Options
    I find this post so funny becuase I was just having a heartattack looking up the calories in drinks! I am going to with a friend for drinks and appetizers and I want to be ready to chose the right foods so that I am not crying about the calories later. I am going with a bloody mary and steamed mussels....when what I really want is the fried everything!!!

I about died when I saw that you can take in almost a whole days worth of calories in ONE drink. :grumble:
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I need to learn how to not drink at all when I go out....lol.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yes, drinks can be the devil! I try to stick with zero calorie beverages (tea, unsweetend coffee and water) most of the time.

However, sometimes you've gotta drink. ;)

As far as alcohol goes, I like to order a "Kate Moss", as I call it (I saw in a magazine that she drinks this lol.) Vodka and club soda, sometimes I add lime if I'm feeling sassy. Club soda is calorie free. Dark beer and red wine are both said to have antioxidants in them, so I just pretend the calories are okay because of the health benefits. Not sure if it's entirely true, but it works for me.

As far as iced coffee goes, ask for 1/2 the amount of sweetener and either soy or nonfat milk. This will cut calories a lot. I'm not sure if you're a starbucks person, but starbucks has a lot of "skinny" options. I think they have a "skinny" mocha that is around 100 calories, but I've never tried it. I'm more a vanilla or hazelnut latte fan.
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    I drank a bottle of patrol silver with the buddies last night and I have a year to work it off!!!
  • MyNewZen
    MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Drink simple like Vodka Lime & Soda. Each is a standard drink and only comes in at about 70 calories. Because they are just alcohol and water you have a much better chance of escaping a hang over as well.

Also if you are going to drink go dancing too! You will burn off far more calories then you can possibly drink!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    if you drink enough that you forget to log them.................its like it never happened...........
  • hyerlevo
    hyerlevo Posts: 16
    Options
    Alcohol = 7 cals per gram
    fat = 9 cals. per gram
    carbs = 4 cals per gram
    protien = 4 cals per gram

a gram is about a teaspoon :drinker: Happy drinking! :bigsmile: