Which protein shake mix?

Options
Helloooo everyone. I am looking for some advice as to which protein shake to buy. I was recommended by a friend to try shakeology, but I live in the UK, and while it looks really good, with shipping and tax it would come to $140 dollars, and as a humble student I can't afford that haha.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a low calorie (under 200), relatively low cost protein shake that is available in the UK?

Replies

• jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use myprotein.com/uk and its been great. I add a portion to my own homemade smoothie recipes on days I do strength training.
  • MissLucyDee
    MissLucyDee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Do you use the one aimed at women or men? I wonder if there is much difference in the content.
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You can order this protein powder online: MRM Natural Whey Vanilla Protein. It is soooo good. I blend it with ice, fresh or frozen fruit and zero calorie juice (sometimes i add in peanut butter and use banana for the fruit and exchange soy milk for the juice). YUM
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I agree with MyProtein. It's where I get mine. Just get the regular Whey Protein (£12) then mix it with something like Nesquick if you want flavour. (Or buy the flavoured versions but they're not as nice)

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_protein
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump
    I want to try protein shakes, thanks for the info :O)