Does anyone estimate?

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
I know its probably a no no but my mother inlaw just made some delicious rice and gondoles...(rice and beans) I had a cup of it and I'm trying to figure out what was in it and what to put down, it has spices, veggies, broth, tom sauce....soo much LOL....what do you all normally do guess or really get down and just do it?

help cuz I'm tired! lol
thanks!
ALi

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    I know its probably a no no but my mother inlaw just made some delicious rice and gondoles...(rice and beans) I had a cup of it and I'm trying to figure out what was in it and what to put down, it has spices, veggies, broth, tom sauce....soo much LOL....what do you all normally do guess or really get down and just do it?

help cuz I'm tired! lol
    thanks!
    ALi
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Sometimes all we can do is guestamate. So yes is the answer. It’s better to do that then do nothing at all. :flowerforyou:
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    well you can just but down,
    one cup of rice
    one cup of beans
    maybe just do like a ragu tom sauce
    and celery and onions maybe just 1/2 of a serving

I would not worry about the broth and spices

if you need to find the calories fo anything go to www.caloriesperhour.com

good luck and that sounds really good
    Gari
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    sorry just saw you only had one cup
    so only 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup beans
  • LAURA_MFP
    Options
    I think the most important thing is just knowing how much you had. I use plastic measuring cups to measure out my food - otherwise I have no idea how much I've eaten.

If I'm in a rush I might type in the type of food (like pizza) and pick the most likely frozen pizza and use that.
  • ali106
    Options
    Thanks! I'll do that lol....it was good too...lmbo and I had extra cals sooo ah I enjoyed...and I hear you w/ the measuring I'm becoming very good about that....I even put some back cuz it was over LOL...a FIRST for me! lol

well thanks...I'll get her recipe and post it soon! I grew up w/ homemade Italian everything now I'm getting homemade spanish...best of both worlds to me LOL...

you all rock!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • markfloyd
    Options
    On those homemade dishes you have to estimate sometimes. I go to Calorieking.com and always add a bit more to the numbers. That way I'm safe. I write everything down and then add it together and create the numbers for that dish. If I estimate there is 4 ounces of cooked beans, I use 5 oz for the numbers.