another question about protien shakes

Options
so it takes me about 2 hours to drink a protein shake...should i have my 3 hour snack 3 hours after completion or 3 hours from when i made it?

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I just made myself a protien shake - Strawberries and cream and it tastes disgusting after the first initial sips...

Lol... never again! Ill eat my protein or have a protein bar at the gym!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    lol yea they are gross...thats why it takes me 2 hours to drink it...today its taking a lil longer
  • missam
    missam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink the GNC vanilla lean shakes (2 scoops) and get the amp'd protein (I only use a 1/2 scoop for calorie reasons and b/c I don't want to much protein) mix it with water, a few ice cubes, and some frozen fruit (strawberries, mixed berries, or peaches) and it is :drinker: SO GOOD...HONESTLY!!! And I am very picky about which ones I can drink and which ones I can't!!! If it is taking you that long to drink yours....you need a different kind ( I drink mine on the way to work.) Hope this helps!!!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I just poured mine down the drain.. thank goodness its not my massive tub!!! i thought i would try one out.. but to no avail! oh well!!!

Chicken omelette here i come!! :tongue:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    A good protein powder that I have been using for years is Jay Robb............

It is FANTASTIC!!!!!

I make smoothies, shakes, etc out of it and it is FABULOUS!!!
  • blindrn
    blindrn Posts: 12
    Options
    Ever try blending cottage cheese with something to make your own protein shake? I use 1/2c-3/4c nonfat cottage cheese, then blend it with an equal amt of nonfat frozen yogurt. It has a milkshake consistency and gives you 15-23gms protein. The cottage cheese is under 100cal per 1/2c and the frozen yogurt I use is 90 cal per 1/2 cup. It's also good to have cottage cheese and orange sherbet together. MUCH cheaper than protein shakes too.
  • Sparklene
    Sparklene Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Curves protein powder makes a good chocolate shake.