Can I share my recipes with my partner (friend)?

Options
My partner is thinking of joining this site too.

We generally eat together so once a recipe or meal has been entered into the system can we share it rather than both having to enter it?

Replies

• binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I would like to know too. We both have been entering the ingredients.
  • moksumike
    moksumike Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know how to do this. I hope it is possible.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ditto
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I tried but was unable to figure out a way to do this. I would suggest posting this question in the Technical Support board.
  • ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I dont believe you can share recipes, but if you put the recipe in and then make a food item and share it, they'll be able to see it and use it that way, just not edit the ingredients. Make sure your name is really specific (use you initials or something like that) so that the person you want to share it with will see it and others wont likely pick it if they're looking for something.
  • chrishunny
    chrishunny Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    What happens if you "share" or add to the database? (I forget what the option is). If not just have them add it as calories only since you know that info.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    If you are entering your own recipe under "my recipes" it has the option to make it available when others search for it. So if you choose "yes" so that others can find the recipe your partner can find it in the database and add it to their diary.
  • pigcatpig
    pigcatpig Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can enter a global recipe but they have to be cleared and do not appear instantly. You also need to enter descriptions and techniques.

All we want to do is share the meal/nutrition data and not have to enter it twice.

I have spent a lot of time entering correct nutritional values for my foods and so simply giving a calorie total loses all that useful info.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    These used to be a way of sharing recipes, I have used other people's for the odd thing.....
  • charitas32
    Options
    hmm, some of my recipes are directly from books and I could not share them without breaching copywrite
  • patbarbara
    patbarbara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No, there is no "option" to share my own recipe on the Premium version.