New and trying to lose a lot very slowly

Options
Hello, my name is Glen and MFP is probably the 20th+ program in my life I've tried to use to lose weight. I've actually lost weight on EVERY program I've tried, but as soon as I hit the maintenance phase, the weight came back. And then some. So my approach on MFP is lose weight super slow using MFP to go ahead and give the maintenance level of nutrition and that way when I get there, eventually, I'll already be very well rehearsed in the 'maintenance plan'.

I went a little crazy to start this. Exactly 2 weeks ago I started a 3 day juice smoothie fast. My goals for this was to cut out caffeine (the headaches lasted and were horrible), shrink my stomach, and make my brain appreciate food, ANY FOOD! So I've been on 'regular' food for 11 days now and tracking everything, every day, through MFP. I use it on pc's at work and home and on my phone. I really think this will work, and, well, it has to. I started this at the heaviest I've ever been in my life and I'll be 50 my next birthday. For me this is now or never.

Replies

• MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey Glen! If your looking for friends for support & motivation send me a friend request! I'm pretty new here, also in my 50's, trying to loose about 80 lbs. I'm very happy with MFP! Good luck with your new fitness plan! Sounds like you've got an excellent goal plan!!
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Hey Glen: I am nannabanna and I must admit I usually do not accept male pals because of a bad experience I had the very first day on MFP. However, with that said, I will be happy to be your friend if you do not have a problem with an old woman from Ga...who BTW has a son close to your age who is 46 yrs old and in worst shape than me..his Momma...I may accidentally call you my Galpal, but I feel led to invite you to my little space in this world. I understand if you do or don't. I trust my GOD given instincts. You write very inspirational words.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Hey Glen: I am nannabanna and I must admit I usually do not accept male pals because of a bad experience I had the very first day on MFP. However, with that said, I will be happy to be your friend if you do not have a problem with an old woman from Ga...who BTW has a son close to your age who is 46 yrs old and in worst shape than me..his Momma...I may accidentally call you my Galpal, but I feel led to invite you to my little space in this world. I understand if you do or don't. I trust my GOD given instincts. You write very inspirational words.

I did not know you were from Columbus until jsut now..You may be close to some of my relatives.....lol
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal.:smile:
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome and friend contacts. In the many different weight loss programs I've done in my life, I was used to being the only guy in the Weight Watcher's meetings, the only guy in the step aerobics class, the only guy in the Weigh Down classes, etc. My wife was right there with me all the time though. Weigh Down finally worked for her; she's been as steady as a rock for 15 years now after that program. Our son went through Weight Watchers when he was in the 6th or 7th grade and knocked his problem eating out. Now it's my turn and I know being diligent, honest, and faithful to logging and this process will work!
  • SuCcERBuNcH
    SuCcERBuNcH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    HELLO GLEN : :smile:

I'M ALAA , and am new here to but not very new lol
    i love this site and i started the journey of losing my weight yesterday so if you need any help or any support am here you can
    count on me feel free to add me if you want :glasses:
    welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Feel free to friend me if you like. I've been on MFP for a little over 2 months but have been working on losing weight for about 5. I've lost 30 and have about 60 more to go. I'd be happy to walk along the journey with you as I'm trying to do this right to keep the weight off. I haven't put myself out to accept friends until now because I thought I could do this myself. What I'm learning is that it's helpful to have friends and support along the way. I'm ready to make the change and it sounds like you are too.
  • kathyd0829
    Options
    Hi Glen. I just realized when reading your post that I have been gravitating toward women on this site and your words made me realize that being overweight is not gender specific. I have also tried every weight loss fad that has come out since the 1970s and managed to keep the weight off for 20+ years, but being a stress eater, the last couple of years have taken its toll and now I need to start from scratch...again!! Would love to be your MFP friend and enjoy your progress.