FAT2FIT successes!

Options
2»

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I meant deficit too small. Duh. Well, I was eating at 1380 before and eating exercise calories back, then 1500 plus exercise calories. Now I eat a flat 1800 regardless of exercise. Overally, on a weekly basis this works out more than I was eating before.

I will admit I am, aside from weekends, eating better quality foods and drinking a lot more water. We shall see how it goes. Slowly slowly. So far though, I'm happy!

Here's what i am saying, I use a simple formula, which is pretty similar to the more complicated ones.
    Lets say a person weighs 180 and we use a multiplier of 12.

180 * 12 = 2160 calories
    170 * 12 = 2040 calories

170 is their goal weight... you really going to differentiate between 120 calories? The difference is only 120 calories. To lose 1lbs it will take you 291 days. Assuming you measured your food exactly right. Which we know you didn't, there are errors in that.

With a 10lbs weight loss goal a person should just eat at 15% deficit from TDEE(AMR).

I'm 4ft 11, 44 and currently 169lbs

Using the 2 methods I get the following

yours : 169 x 12 = 2028
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ (current weight as goal weight) TDEE = 2012

Both give me approx 1600 calories at 20% defict

But you don't take a 20% deficit from the F2F figures, do you?
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I have a quick question, my bmr is 1155 using the katch-mcardle formula and on the fat2fit bmr calculator it's given me 1514 for sedentary(I exercise everyday but I'd rather add it in separately as the calorie burns vary), is this correct?
    I think my tdee is 1853.7, but this is all confusing me. I'm trying to lose these last six pounds, help please:(
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I meant deficit too small. Duh. Well, I was eating at 1380 before and eating exercise calories back, then 1500 plus exercise calories. Now I eat a flat 1800 regardless of exercise. Overally, on a weekly basis this works out more than I was eating before.

I will admit I am, aside from weekends, eating better quality foods and drinking a lot more water. We shall see how it goes. Slowly slowly. So far though, I'm happy!

Here's what i am saying, I use a simple formula, which is pretty similar to the more complicated ones.

180 * 12 = 2160 calories
    170 * 12 = 2040 calories

170 is their goal weight... you really going to differentiate between 120 calories? The difference is only 120 calories. To lose 1lbs it will take you 291 days. Assuming you measured your food exactly right. Which we know you didn't, there are errors in that.

With a 10lbs weight loss goal a person should just eat at 15% deficit from TDEE(AMR).

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ (current weight as goal weight) TDEE = 2012

But you don't take a 20% deficit from the F2F figures, do you?

Not if you are going by your goal weight figures, no.

but I put in my current weight as my goal weight to get my current weight TDEE, not my goal weight TDEE.

*Edited just to add - I only did these for comparison purposes, I have been eating at 1600 since February, based on the numbers ran for me by Helloitsdan.
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So to lose weight by using F2F method, eat the recommended tdee for your activity level. Eat that number and focus only on that number, regardless of how many calories you burn?
    My tdee: 1900
    Average amount burned per day (5days/wk): 425
    Net calories: 1425
    My bmr: 1481
    * eat until my net reaches my bmr
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you multiply your weight by 12, do you eat an excercise calories at all or forget about how much you burn?
    150x11=1800
    If I burn anything more than 320, I'll net below my bmr. So should I eat my net to reach my bmr or 1800?
    This is where I get lost. I know my daily intake is 1800
  • jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a group that was just started
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5199-fat-2-fit-radio-fans

Thanks for the link, mama! I'm glad a group was finally started.
  • jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Fueling it with the right foods is the key!

Crap Foods is Kind of like putting Diesel in a Unleaded car...........Doesn't work!

Agreed! This is when i really lost those last pounds. I was eating too much junk and fatty (but delicious) home cooking. I definitely still indulge every once in a while but try to keep it in moderation!

^^THIS is what I need to work on. I eat relatively well but treat myself a little too often (within calorie limit of course). Must bump up cals and take away some treats!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to hear from any of you who live by the Fat2Fit method and have had success with it.
    This is the post I made today, because I hit my goal :drinker: The fat2fit ratios are mentioned, what I did is also explained
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/579575-today-i-hit-goal-doing-this-5-7-sedentary-female

Today 5'7, 119.2 pounds :)
    23tfp86.jpg
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

180 * 12 = 2160 calories
    170 * 12 = 2040 calories

My method involves multiplying your weight by 10-15 based on activity level. I suggest weight multiplier of 12. As a starting point, as i said to the other person shoot for 1.5lbs a week in 2-3 week time frames. If you lose 4.5lbs in 3 weeks, you're doing good. If not, adjust up or down by 10% till you hit that number.

Keep in mind these numbers i give, MFP gives f2fradio gives, are just estimations. You have to try it and see your results... then adjust accordingly.

Yes I understand that, all I meant was that using a few different methods I still end up at the same point, and it's working so far

It's just good to have confirmation. :)
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump