running shoe advice?

Options
My running shoes are done, and I am in desperate need of a new pair. I need something with good arch support, the arches of my feet have recently started hurting me, but this might be due to the fact that I have broken down my old pair of shoes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Also, feel free to add me, I need some supportive friends! Thanks :)

Replies

• nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The best advice I was given and did was go to a running store to get fitted.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I love rebook zigtech tr, They are absolutely the most comfortable pair of shoes ever. They got rid of my shin splints just by working out in them.
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

THIS
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree go to a good running shop - it's on my list to do! We have a great one that takes a computer readout of the way you run and brings up the best possible shoe options.
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

THIS

I second this...or third or whatever I am at this point
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    if going to a store is out of the question--i recommend Asics but if you can get fitted then do that :)
  • sw0301
    sw0301 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Absolutely get fitted! But be careful. I went to two different running stores & was put in stability shoes bc I overpronate (ankles roll in) but I have high arches & those two things don't typically go together. While my overpronation was fixed I was having arch pain but since I went to two different running stores and was told the same thing I just assumed I was in the right shoe I was just going to have this pain. I recently went to ****'s Sporting Goods vs my usual running stores first to just check out the inventory and it was there I was informed I was in the wrong shoe. They put me on this mat that showed my arches, the first shoe that was recommended was the winner. I've only had these shoes for a week but I can tell an amazing difference in the way my feet & legs feel, running is more comfortable!

So my advice is to get fitted, but I would shop around & get fitted in several types of stores to make sure you're getting consistent/accurate information.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    if going to a store is out of the question--i recommend Asics but if you can get fitted then do that :)

Unless you have a wide foot or a high arch - asics run narrow.

I prefer Brooks.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I wrote a letter to Nike complaining why they discontinued their awesome air zoom running shoes. I told them exactly why I LOVED those shoes for road running and why i felt nothing they offer at the moment comes close to making up for the features lost by stopping the air zoom.

It was about 4 pages long LOL...3 weeks later, they sent me 3 pairs of air zooms,running leggings and live strong jackets for running, and asked if i'd be willing to try new models and prototype designs for them in shoes and running apparel.

i will be a nike *kitten* for eternity.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    But they *betrayed* you....

Which is why you need to try Brooks... :-D
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options

THIS

I second, third, fourth this. I avoided it for years because I thought a specialty store would be too expensive. The staff was excellent, the shoes were the same price as they would be anywhere else, and I have the most comfortable shoes ever.
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I wrote a letter to Nike complaining why they discontinued their awesome air zoom running shoes. I told them exactly why I LOVED those shoes for road running and why i felt nothing they offer at the moment comes close to making up for the features lost by stopping the air zoom.

It was about 4 pages long LOL...3 weeks later, they sent me 3 pairs of air zooms,running leggings and live strong jackets for running, and asked if i'd be willing to try new models and prototype designs for them in shoes and running apparel.

That is so cool!
  • creature275
    Options

definitly agree with the asics, I dont even bother looking into new balance or nike anymore Im all about Asics
  • creature275
    Options

I prefer Brooks.
    \

asics makes shoes for all kinds of feet, check out their website they have dozens and dozens of models for everyone
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Holy cow, this is so cool! :D
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options

This.

They can look at your feet and fit your properly...
  • meerkat70
    Options

I prefer Brooks.
    \

asics makes shoes for all kinds of feet, check out their website they have dozens and dozens of models for everyone

All kinds of *narrow* feet...

(Sorry, but this is a well established bit of info - have a google. People with wide feet and / or high arches routinely complain about this, re asics.... )
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options

That is awesome
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    I have always stuck with Asics but also recently getting into Brooks! Runnersworld Mags are a great way to check out the latest shoes on the market...FR sent.
  • karadawn14
    Options
    nike free run 2.0! Just got some and i love love love them!