Green/Herbal tea has bad side effects?

Options
I drink a lot of herbal and green tea and was researching it but didnt find much on the bad side other than it is bad for your teeth?

Anyone else drink it and have any bad side effects??

Replies

• zelgraz
    zelgraz Posts: 1
    Options
    drinking befor bed can be a issue lol
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bad for your teeth??? why would tea be bad for your teeth?

green tea has lots of good side effects, i wouldn't worry about it at all.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 to 5 green teas a day. When u consider it is actually better than fruit juice (so much acid and natural sugar) and has a ton of anti-oxidants that combat cancer causing free radicals, I believe it is an excellent drink. Just a tip; Never boil your water before adding it to green tea. It causes it to taste more bitter. Try it both ways and you'll see what I mean. Hot water but not boiling.:glasses:
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For those of you that drink green tea daily...do you use the same tea bag for a couple of cups or a new one each time? I want to eventually get to 3-4 cups a day.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    For those of you that drink green tea daily...do you use the same tea bag for a couple of cups or a new one each time? I want to eventually get to 3-4 cups a day.
    I personally use loose green tea in one of those metal tea berries. Works great. If I used bags I would use one each time. Lipton ones aren't expensive. Buy the big bulk size. Lasts a long time.
  • jefflturn
    jefflturn Posts: 41
    Options
    Tea will stain your teeth so use a straw and this is minimized. The benefits are huge !
  • Strawberrypop
    Strawberrypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can't drink Green Tea AT ALL. Even a couple of sips leave me with a very sore head and a dizzy sick feeling that can last for hours. I looked it up and a very small percentage of people will have that reaction. :(

Here's a strange thing though, I have a Burts Bee's face scrub which has the smallest amount of green tea in it and when I used it it gave me the same feeling!
  • sydneyblume
    Options
    Just brush your teeth of swish around water right after you drink a cup. The benefits are amazing, including fat loss and metabolism increase!