protein pancakes

Options
jonand57
jonand57 Posts: 14 Member
Earlier this week I saw a post on this site about "cottage cheese" or "protein pancakes". They are made with 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 3 egg whites, 1/2 banana, cinamon and vanilla. I modified the recipe slightly by using 2 whole eggs instead of 3 egg whites. (didn't want to waste the yolks) I also topped the pancakes with wild blueberries. The pancakes were DELICIOUS. However, when I input the ingredients into the recipe calculator I found that I had consumed 605 calories on one meal. MFP recommends a consumption 0f 1490 calories per day for a 1 pound per week weight loss. I just ate 40% of my calories for the day and its on 9:30am. Is this too many calories for one meal or would you consider this a treat?
MFP has been working well for me since joining. I have lost 7 lbs in 6 weeks with no difficulty.

Replies

• 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I put in the similar recipe to calculate but came up with 405 calories. To reduce calories try a part skim(1-2%) cottage cheese and eliminate the banana. I made mine with a 2% cottage cheese and no banana. I did put in some Splenda Brown Sugar blend to add some sweetness and the entire batch was only 405 calories. Try cutting back on the fruit toppings.