Any help on fashion advice for a wedding?

Options
2»

Replies

• Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Here are some cute dresses from JC Penny! Good prices too!

2mosh74.jpg

2ntehch.jpg

14trcs3.jpg
  • Myla9
    Myla9 Posts: 1
    Options
    I used to work as a wardrobe consultant and have read most of the posts and seen the photos. By your photo (and congratulations on your weight loss!) obviously you arequite young. You have received many replies with some good questions and advice. I would like to add a few more if I may. It's very helpful that you know the location, time of the wedding and that the bride may be planning something rather upscale. This being said, the bride, groom, wedding party and immediate family most often do dress somewhat fancier than the guests per se. You mentioned that your lifestyle does not usually necessitate the need for clothing, anymore than casual. Keeping this in mind, remember this is only one event and as such, I would consider you not invest too much (depending on your personal budget) into an outfit that you may or may not where again. I would suggest you keep this in mind when shopping for your outfit. Everyone wants to be dressed appropriate for an occasion such as this but keep it practical and simple. If you choose a classic, simple dress it will never go out of style again and you can probably wear it to another occasion in the future. Purchasing something very trendy may limit this option considerably. You can never go wrong with a cocktail length dress, with simple lines, a fairly delicate or semi-delicate fabric. This will ensure that you may even be able to wear it again at another time of year, depending on where you live. If it is a "garden" wedding, shoes with heels too pointed may leave you sinking into the grass. lol If your dress is light and airy, don't choose foot apparel that is too "chunky". Once again, if you don't wear fancy shoes often, try to choose a style that you will be able to get some wear out of. Be sure not to "over accessorize". Less is more! Something simple like pearls, all silver or all gold (most of us don't have the real ones!) would be enough. If budget is an issue, perhaps you can borrow from a friend or family member. Again, try not to wear anything too "chunky" or over-bearing. I hope I have not been too long-winded and that this is of some help to you in choosing an outfit! Simple, classic and practical would be a good choice! All the best with your shopping and most of all, just be yourself and enjoy the wedding! :-)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    What color is the red dress available in? Your skin tone you could totally pull of navy, gold, or silver
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies! I read them all and they all help.

As for the question in what color does that dress I posted come in, it comes in White, Black, Red, Blue, and Purple.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Purple! fashionable, classy, but not so "wedding" that you couldnt wear it elsewhere!!