help me have strength!

misty589
misty589 Posts: 319 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I only work one night a week and today is the night. the problem is i work at a convenience store!! I've yet to make it through a night of work without indulging in some junk. Usually I can still stay in my calorie range but I really shouldn't be eating this crap right? pb cups and doritos are my biggest enemies and gummy candies ! the worst part is I work with a really unhealthy pregnant girl and she eats junk from the time she gets there till the time she leaves, there is ALWAYS a giant bag of candies on the counter

aghhhhh

Replies

• nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Well why don't you look at the bad candy and doritos and see the worms in them:laugh: That sure would make me not want to eat it. Good Luck:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Take your snacks with you, a bag of baby carrots... snack bags of pretzels or some other good thing measured out... even in the convenience store, you can get a piece of fresh fruit or a low fat yogurt. It's hard not to eat when someone's munching next to you, so just replace the junk with better stuff.
  • Chew gum and drink water ! It works
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Almonds, Frito Lay's Light, Pretzels, Weight Watchers mini chocolate cake, peanut butter. Something easy to mindlessly munch on so you don't feel like you have nothing.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    AND....,maybe you can set a good example for the unhealthy preggo girl....:happy:
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Get a new job.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    I feel bad for you. I get weak when I walk into a conveinence store. I know the other posters will tell you to take healthy snacks with you and that is a great tip. If you eat enough filling foods you will be less apt to reach for something you shouldn't. Though for me anyway I would still have HUGE problems surrounded by all those snacks all the time.

Good Luck, be strong!!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Get a new job.

I would absolutely HAVE to. I'd never make it otherwise. Sometimes it truly takes desperate measures.
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    I agree with packing something and bringing it with you. Getting out of the habit of buying something at work - or wherever you might be would be a good new habit. Bring baby carrots, grapes, Sargento's or Weight Watchers light string cheese, a boiled egg, or some raw almonds. (But not all of that!!) :noway:

Resist the urge to eat continuously while you work. PLAN! Decide *when* you're going to have a snack, have it, and be done with it. I eat 5 or 6 times each day, and I'm successful because I don't ever feel like I'm losing out or missing anything. :bigsmile:

I also don't indulge in any of the "diet" cookies or cakes, etc. because I know that those sorts of simple carbs will send me on a binge - been there and done that - no, I can't just stop at one or two - I wouldn't stop until the package is gone. I make a serious attempt to eat clean, with no added white sugar, white flour or processed stuff. I don't get crazy candy/junk cravings like I used to, and I can only credit that to the lack of it in my system. I do occasionally make good, whole food-cookies and muffins using oats, whole wheat flour, flax seed, nuts and things like that, so I can have a treat and know it isn't full of crap.:happy: Somehow, I've just learned to limit myself to one of those too.

I've re-read all this.... and now I'm wondering what I've done with "me". I'm gone and there's this new and completely improved person sitting here. Sweet! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.