Post P90x?

Options
I'm just starting phase 3 of P90x and I wondered if anyone could recommend a similar routine, but not an hour and a half everyday.

I like P90x a lot, but I really dont want to devote an hour and a half everyday of my life to working out. I'd prefer an hour 3 days a week and a half hour 3 days a week.

Does anyone know of a good routine that will still work out all the correct muscle groups or has anyone modified the p90x workouts to make them shorter?

Replies

• paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    In the workout book that came with the DVDs, Tony outlines an example of a maintenance program. Check it out.

:flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a different set of videos, look into 10-Minute-Trainer. Each workout is created to stack with others depending on how much time you prefer to work out.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    You would probably like P90X+. Tony kicks up the pace of the workouts, and packs a lot into 45-50 minutes. You also continue to use some of the regular X workouts, and they work together quite well.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You would probably like P90X+. Tony kicks up the pace of the workouts, and packs a lot into 45-50 minutes. You also continue to use some of the regular X workouts, and they work together quite well.

He only wants to work out 3 days per week so P90X+ isn't going to do it unless he cuts out some days.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I finished P90x in March, I did purchase P90x Plus but don't care for it. For maintenance I try and do 2-3 of the weight programs weekly, (Legs/Back/ Shoulders/Arms/ Chest Back or mix it up)keep up with the ab ripper, and substitute my own cardio. It has worked well and now that the weather is nice gives me even more variety.