For the ladies only please. :)

Options
I just found out about 2 weeks ago I have fybroids. I would like to know if there are any other ladies with this problem, who had them for awhile. I see my doctor in another week and a half because right now I am monitoring my female problem. :) I really hate having them, I always feel bloated and its interfering with my weight loss I believe. If the bleeding dont stop, she will be giving me medication to try to kill of the blood supply to the fybroid, but my fear out of all in all is a hysterectomy. I would really like to have some guidance from someone who had them or has them.

Replies

• foxj3730
    foxj3730 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have had fibroids for years I have had surgery twice to remove them. I have several fibroids but the ones that cause problems are in the uterine cavity (I haven't had children yet). Before my last surgery I ended up in the ER with really bad abdominal pain and back pain. I had bleeding for about a month my dr had me taking 2 birth control pills to stop the bleeding then I had surgery were the scraped out the fibroid. (mine was about 3cm). I have felt great since my surgery and my periods are soo much better!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post.I am having problems feeling bloated and of course the other problems as well, I just recently started cramping. Did it feel like you were bloated all the time? This really bothers me. With me trying to lose weight, I feel like I'm not because of this. Mine are inside but not in the cavity of the uterus so I guess thats a plus. Thank you though for responding.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I had a relatively large one and 2 small ones. I don't know where you are in the circle of life but if you are close to menopause and can stand the heavy bleeding , the fibroids do shrink because of the change in hormones. There were time when I wore towels!! YUCK!! I assume because of my weight they would not do a hysterctomy on me. I did survive but if I had been given the option, I probably would have had the surgery. I hope you have a good doctor.
  • tlc12078
    Options
    I had a relatively large one and 2 small ones. I don't know where you are in the circle of life but if you are close to menopause and can stand the heavy bleeding , the fibroids do shrink because of the change in hormones. There were time when I wore towels!! YUCK!! I assume because of my weight they would not do a hysterctomy on me. I did survive but if I had been given the option, I probably would have had the surgery. I hope you have a good doctor.

I am only 34. Maybe because of my weight I got them or from having so many abdominal surgeries like I did, not sure. I think it was a small one, but enough to cause me to bleed everyday. I am on the depo shot and I usually stop my periods, but not this time. Its annoying to have to buy pads, and yes for awhile I was bleeding fairly heavy then spot, then moderate back to heavy, but I also feel bloated. I see my doc in over a week. They seem pretty thorough on things, so hopefully this problem gets taken care of, because I dont know if its because I am trying to lose weight or if this is also messing with my hormones, but I can be trigger angry. lol
  • Hannahk90
    Options
    My mom had them about a year ago. She actually wanted to have a hysterectomy, since she is done having children, but they only do those in very extreme last ditch efforts. First, they try medication, and then when that doesn't work they try to scrape them or burn them. My mother had the burn procedure and everything was completely fine after that. You definitely don't have to worry about having a hysterectomy because, as I said, they use that as an absolute last resort.
  • PJ42
    PJ42 Posts: 11
    Options
    A hysterectomy is the last thing your doctor is going to do. There are many steps in between. First, different medications that will help the symptoms. If they do, then thats what you do until menopause. If not, then there are different procedures to try. One thing to keep in mind is, no doctor is going to want to keep dong surgery over and over, ya know (as i'm sure you don't want to either). Every time you have surgery scare tissue is make by your body and that can add to your pain/discomfort. So lots of info but the most important thing in all of this is to find a doctor that listens to you and is honest with you. If you don't get the warm and fuzzes then look for a new one (if you can). This can be a long road so you want to walk it with someone you trust. Good luck. :smile:
  • tlc12078
    Options
    Thank you for all your info. My problem is mostly, bloating. I hate this feeling cus with my venture to weight loss, I feel I am getting know where. I think my doctor is very good so far, but I will see more on the next appt. Oh I am getting mood swings a lot. Its driving me maddddd! :) Thank you for all your info.
  • foxj3730
    foxj3730 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes bloating is a problem with me as well more so on birthcontrol ( I just stopped it about 2 weeks ago). I try and drink a lot of water but about a week before my period its horrible. Sorry I dont have a easy fix for you. :-(