Jillian Michaels Body Revolution questions

Options
13»

Replies

• Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you did a great job! What are the foods generally on the quick start? I haven't looked on the mfp website for the diet plan, but if you look on beachbody.com or generally google michi ladder....it has various foods set up in what basically amounts to a near perfect food plan...level one...all great foods...level 5.... The foods to avoid at all costs!
  • malgosia66
    malgosia66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! It's July 6 2012 how is everyone holding up on their Jillian revolution?
  • malgosia66
    Options
    Hello. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that is having trouble getting through Jillian workouts. It took me 2 month to get through phase one I usually do the workout for more than 2wks more like a month before I can get through the workouts. July 2 started phase 2 wrkout 7&8 & I started in April . She kicks my but too, I modify some of her moves till I work up to them h really don't follow her diet so much, I eat healthy & still enjoy my wine & so far lost 20 lbs . I'm willing to slow down & not injure myself but its working not as fast but that's ok since I'm 45 don't want loose skin by loosing to fast . I have 4 months to reach my goal which is another 40,lbs. Good luck.
  • malgosia66
    Options
    Hello. The Jillian revolution is 3 phase workouts. Phase I is ark 1-4 plus cardio , Phase II IS WRKOUT5-5-8 plus Casio 2, phase III WRKOUT 9-12 PLUS CARDIO 3 ALL workouts are 30 min it took me 2 months to get through phase one but that was my choice since I was so out of shape I did not want to move to next workout till I was able to go through the entire wrkout without stopping. As far as her jump start diet , I tried but it left me hungry & not satisfied so I modified by eating more black beans & lean meats . It's a great wrkout one that I can push through & feel great after finishing it. I suggest gettin a good support bra esp. If you have larger breast , I can't stand to do cardio with my girls jumping all over the place. Good luck & I hope I answered your questions.
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Just ordered body revolution...lookin forward to it coming...kind of wish there had been an upgrade shipping to get it sooner!
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Has anyone gained a couple of pounds when first starting this workout program? I put on 2 lbs the first week. It is very frustrating! I am not following her diet plan but I am eating 1200 calories a day.

when i first started running, i gained about 2.5-3 pounds the first week and it didn't go away for almost ten days after that... my brother, who is in school for physical therapy and works for a gym, told me that when you begin a new training plan that challenges your muscles more and in different ways than you're used to, your muscles produce and store glycogen, which is a form of stored energy, as an inflammation response.

along with the glycogen your muscles hold onto fluid to help store the glycogen and repair themselves from the new "trauma" being caused. this results in a temporary weight gain of 1-3 pounds or more after beginning a new exercise program, but is not "fat" or any other kind of permanent "weight"--it is transient and will go away once the muscles begin to become accustomed to the new, more challenging level of training.

please forgive me if any of this seems unclear or if i haven't described this correctly, as i don't have any training in anatomy or physiology. i just know that he was right--the weight gain i experienced after i began running WAS temporary :) just wanted to encourage you that it's normal and OK to be seeing a small weight gain when you start something new
  • MrsH78
    MrsH78 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sorry to intrude. I am just wondering. How like 30DS and Ri30 are the workouts in Body revolution? And like those DVDs is level 1 entry level fitness or a bit more challenging? Also, do you HAVE to workout in the morning AND evening?

Sorry.

Thanks
  • MrsH78
    Options
    bump. sorry :/
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you follow the QuickStart programme you exercise twice a day for the first day but you don't have to. Level 1 is quite easy. Some people who have done shred go into two.
  • MrsH78
    Options
    Thank you Jaz
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Sorry to intrude. I am just wondering. How like 30DS and Ri30 are the workouts in Body revolution? And like those DVDs is level 1 entry level fitness or a bit more challenging? Also, do you HAVE to workout in the morning AND evening?

Sorry.

Thanks

If you know the 30DS, then you're in good shape for Body Revolution. She uses a lot of the same moves in Workout 3 or 4 (During weeks 3 & 4). You don't have to workout twice a day unless you decide to do the Quickstart system the first week. Otherwise, you workout once a day, six days a week.
  • MrsH78
    Options

Sorry.

Thanks

If you know the 30DS, then you're in good shape for Body Revolution. She uses a lot of the same moves in Workout 3 or 4 (During weeks 3 & 4). You don't have to workout twice a day unless you decide to do the Quickstart system the first week. Otherwise, you workout once a day, six days a week.

Thank you :)
  • kfonsec1
    Options
    I have a quick question about the program. I just started Body Revolution and I'm doing it along the 7 day kick start eating program too. It says to eat every 4 hours does that also apply to the snack? I eat breakfast at 7:30 so then I would have lunch at 11:30 do I have to wait four hours to have my snack? So would I have it at 3:30? And then dinner four hours later? 7:30? But that seems rather late since she says don't have carbs after 7. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have a quick question about the program. I just started Body Revolution and I'm doing it along the 7 day kick start eating program too. It says to eat every 4 hours does that also apply to the snack? I eat breakfast at 7:30 so then I would have lunch at 11:30 do I have to wait four hours to have my snack? So would I have it at 3:30? And then dinner four hours later? 7:30? But that seems rather late since she says don't have carbs after 7. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

I think you should do whatever works with your schedule. I usually did my snack halfway between lunch and dinner.