Foot Cramps?

Options
mayerel
mayerel Posts: 254 Member
Hope I'm posting in the right place...wondering if anyone else gets foot cramps? I feel like I've been getting them all the time lately, both when I'm working out and at rest. They're right in the arch of my feet and kill!! They feel like they're ripping my feet apart!

I've been steadily increasing my water intake and been trying to eat more potassium. I know my food intake isn't quite where I want it yet, but these cramps are killing me! Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    What kind of footwear do you wear? I've realized that since I've been wearing flip-flops more often I've been getting some on the inner sole of my foot. Not as bad as yours sound though.
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Look at footwear and also start stretching out your heal/calf tendons. I started to sleep scootched down at the foot of the bed with my toes hanging off the edge of the bed so my calf muscles would stay lengthened during the night....(sleeping on my stomach). Really helped my foot pain and cramps. Weird I know, and I really don't expect anyone else to try it...but thought I'd mention it.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I usually get the cramps when I'm not wearing shoes. I work out a lot without shoes on (martial arts), but even when I wear sparring shoes, I'll get cramps. More arch support? Less?

OK- I'll add more calf/heal stretching to the regimine. I like the modified sleeping, my husband might think I'm crazy but maybe I'll give it a try for a night or two and see how it goes!
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    I've always gotten them, what fixed it for me was supplementing potassium. I'm not good about getting enough veggies (allergies omg) so vitamins help a LOT. I never have a cramp now unless I forget to take them. Good luck!