Comfort foods

Options
What I want to know is your #1 comfort food. I am trying to come up with healthy recipes that fit into this category but am stumped as to what comfort foods really are to people. So..gimme your best. I love to experiment in the kitchen and hopefully I will succeed. Lets hear em. You don't hafta eloborate, just tell me your favorite comforting food.:smile:

Replies

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is your #1 comfort food. I am trying to come up with healthy recipes that fit into this category but am stumped as to what comfort foods really are to people. So..gimme your best. I love to experiment in the kitchen and hopefully I will succeed. Lets hear em. You don't hafta eloborate, just tell me your favorite comforting food.:smile:
  • adelespears
    Options
    Chicken strips and mashed potatoes.

... and chicken fried steak.

mmm
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Pizza. MMM.

And Cheese sticks. I LOVE mozzarella.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Thank you..wow those sre all mine too
  • krazykayzy
    krazykayzy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Nobody even mentioned chocolate!!!!! 100% gimme chocolate.
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Pot roast with potatoes and carrots slow cooked with the meat... I'm a sucker for a home cooked meal!
  • Jobeth
    Options
    Spaghetti with meat sauce and any cheesy casserole.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Chicken Pot Pie :bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • karilynn
    Options
    perogies..(homade)..fried with bacon and onions..my fav!! geez i miss them!!:cry:
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Warm gooey chocolate brownies.

Roast & potoates with butter, green beans.

Homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough -- to heck with baking the cookies, I just want the dough.

Sheesh, back to reality...I've no extra calories for comfort food right now :cry:
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    real Italian Spaghetti - with sausage and beef LOTS of fresh grated parmesan cheese
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    ice cream, tator tots, and pringles (reduced fat, of course) lol :tongue: yum yum:happy:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake, Mac and cheese (the really gooey kind), Mashed potatoes and fried chicken, grilled cheese sammiches with real butter, good cheddar, and sourdough...mmmm...there are so many! Oh...baked potato soup! Mmmmmm...
  • tiretread
    Options
    Cheeze-Its. I can give up any food but these square-shaped cheesey packages of evil.
  • dgweisblatt
    Options
    Eggs and grits!! Yummy!:flowerforyou:
  • jennygabe
    Options
    Definately mashed potatoes, loaded with butter, cream cheese and milk. :bigsmile:
    I could not resist chiming in, but I don't think that this tread is any good for me.:devil:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Definately mashed potatoes, loaded with butter, cream cheese and milk. :bigsmile:
    I could not resist chiming in, but I don't think that this tread is any good for me.:devil:

To me there is nothing better in this world then a big huge bowl of creamy garlic mashed potatoes:wink: