Road Trip

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for any healthy road trip snacks? We're taking one soon and all I have so far is pistachios. Thanks :)

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Lara Bars... basically they are nuts and dried fruit, and YUMMY!

Wash a bunch of apples, keep in a cooler in the car.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I am student going to a college that is 5.5 hours from home, and whenever I make the long drive back, I always bring popcorn. I air pop my own and stick it in a brown paper bag

I like popcorn because its a good munchy snack. You get quite a few handfuls per serving, which satisfies my craving to graze.

Beef jerky is another good snack. It has a lot of protein in it and the effort it takes to chew it really makes it feel like a good, hearty snack.

Apples are another good option, but for me apples are so much better cold than they are warm, so room temperature apples don't appeal to me all that much. However, if you don't mind lukewarm fruit, apples are pretty tough pieces of fruit and will stand up to a road trip.

Almonds make another good snack. Yes, they're nuts just like the pistatios that you already have, but what I like about almonds is that they come in 100 calorie bags for great portion control, and you can find them in a wide array of flavors.

Hope that helps