For those who have tried laser hair removal..

Options
2»

Replies

• chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    to skinnymissmel....try Emla for your next appointment- its a numbing cream you get over-the-counter-it really helps!!!

Thanks for the advice! My esthetician recommended a numbing cream to me that they sell there at the spa, but I don't remember what it was called and I didn't buy it because it was kind of expensive (around $40).
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    to skinnymissmel ...here in canada i got it for about $20 at the pharmacy- people use it for tatoos as well- you feel no pain...also, not sure if this an option at your spa but my first few sessions they used a lazer that hurt like crazy and then the last 2 they used one they called a cold lazer and I didnt need the Emla numbing cream it didnt hurt at all--so worth asking them if there are different machines :)
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    to skinnymissmel ...here in canada i got it for about $20 at the pharmacy- people use it for tatoos as well- you feel no pain...also, not sure if this an option at your spa but my first few sessions they used a lazer that hurt like crazy and then the last 2 they used one they called a cold lazer and I didnt need the Emla numbing cream it didnt hurt at all--so worth asking them if there are different machines :)

Thanks! I looked it up on Amazon.com and found some over-the-counter options, including Tattoo Goo, which my tattoo artist used on my most recent tattoo when the pain became almost unbearable. It worked wonders!

My esthetician did tell me that since my hair is so coarse the laser is more painful, but that I can expect the pain to decrease with each treatment as the hair becomes finer. They do have different types of lasers at the spa--she actually started my last treatment using the cold laser by mistake (I was amazed when the zaps didn't hurt at all), but she said that type of laser wouldn't work on me since it is for dark skin types.
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of having a full Brazilian done.

That sounds excessive - how many zeroes are there in a brazillion ?

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!! HILARIOUS!
  • wafeena
    Options
    I had my second session 8 days ago on my upper lip. I am indian and living in NYC. I paid $179 on groupon for 6 sessions on a small area. My first session went well but they definitely upped the laser and it hurt to the point where i wanted to quit. By day 3 I started to see the red bumps some people mentioned. I called and they said it was a normal reaction. I also googled and have read that it sometimes happens after 2-3rd treatment and can last 4-10 days. I'm on day 8 and i look like i have first degree burns and it's black and blue around my lip. I have not been able to go outside. I am thinking of stopping the treatments.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of having a full Brazilian done.

That sounds excessive - how many zeroes are there in a brazillion ?

Fukin lol. Repped.