Workout Fatigue??

Options
I was injured about 6 weeks ago with a torn muscle and I'm back to excercising. Taking it slow with simple walking and gradually increasing speed and distance. I'll do ANYTHING to avoid another painful torn muscle. Only walking about a 1-1.3 mile so far, but I can feel myself getting a lot stronger already :smile:

The issue I'm having is such fatigue. Is this because I'm just 'starting out' again? :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

The only other thing I can think of is that I've been doing a lot of walking during my lunch hour in 90 degree temps...I heard the heat can really zap it out of you, so I think that might be an issue too.

Replies

• xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I was injured about 6 weeks ago with a torn muscle and I'm back to excercising. Taking it slow with simple walking and gradually increasing speed and distance. I'll do ANYTHING to avoid another painful torn muscle. Only walking about a 1-1.3 mile so far, but I can feel myself getting a lot stronger already :smile:

The issue I'm having is such fatigue. Is this because I'm just 'starting out' again? :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

The only other thing I can think of is that I've been doing a lot of walking during my lunch hour in 90 degree temps...I heard the heat can really zap it out of you, so I think that might be an issue too.

Proper rest and what seems to be overlooked, proper stretching techniques. You'd be surprised how incorrect stretching will effect your workouts. Do some research. I've been reading a book on bodybuilding that has a great chapter on pre-workout routines.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: The 90 degree weather you are excercing in is absolutley a huge part of why you are fatigued. It will zap you big time. The best is to walk when it is cooler and especially take water with you to keep hydrated! Be very careful excercising in the heat, it is dangerous!:smile:
  • karenmacneil
    Options
    I would agree that the heat would be a hugh factor for your fatigue.