Off Topic

Options
Just a reality check here, that's all. I need to share with friends,
As I sat there, looking at the caskets of my 9 and 12 year old nephews, I wondered. I wondered why God had taken them at such a young age. I wondered why such awesome parents had lost their only two sons, when they had done nothing wrong. I asked God why a million times, yet recieved no answer. I waited and waited. Still no answer. But God surely doesn't have to explain himself to me. Then I began to really think. I began to think of the shallowness be have become. I began to think of how we have pushed family aside and have taken forgranted what we really need in life. I remembered all the times I should have said I love you. My sister in law Becky and Chuck must go through the hardest thing life has ever dealt to anyone, yet we complain about such trivial, miniscule stupid things, including food. What small problems we have compared to others. Just think about it. While you are horribly debating that cheesecake, someone is horribly debating where to bury their sons. Just please, let the ones you love, know how much you love them. Before it is too late.
If you want to know more about this go to armsoflife.com. This wil explain all.

Replies

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Just a reality check here, that's all. I need to share with friends,
    As I sat there, looking at the caskets of my 9 and 12 year old nephews, I wondered. I wondered why God had taken them at such a young age. I wondered why such awesome parents had lost their only two sons, when they had done nothing wrong. I asked God why a million times, yet recieved no answer. I waited and waited. Still no answer. But God surely doesn't have to explain himself to me. Then I began to really think. I began to think of the shallowness be have become. I began to think of how we have pushed family aside and have taken forgranted what we really need in life. I remembered all the times I should have said I love you. My sister in law Becky and Chuck must go through the hardest thing life has ever dealt to anyone, yet we complain about such trivial, miniscule stupid things, including food. What small problems we have compared to others. Just think about it. While you are horribly debating that cheesecake, someone is horribly debating where to bury their sons. Just please, let the ones you love, know how much you love them. Before it is too late.
    If you want to know more about this go to armsoflife.com. This wil explain all.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss:ohwell:
    I cannot begin to think the heartbreak they're going through.
    You are so right.
    Trying to find low cal foods and worrying if we've gone over our calories is such momsense right now.
    I thank you for sharing your story.
    God has a plan for your family.
    Send them my best.

~Joanna:ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • alaskagal
    Options
    I see we've just recently passed the one year anniversary and I know these kids are never far from your mind or heart.

I'm so sorry for this loss in your family.

God's peace be with you.
    :heart:
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am too so sorry for your loss. I lost my 19 year old granddaughter on Feb. 16, 2007. She suffered for a year and a half with luekemia. She suffered! I too asked why why why. Its a tough week ahead and I know it. It makes dieting seem so trivial. I know that no one can feel the pain unless they have been through it. I want you to know that I will pray for your family. I pray for the parents of Mallory (my son & his wife) every night. This week is going to very hard on us too. Know that you are not alone and if you would like to chat I am available at Akalolly on AIM. Prayers, Lolly PS Mallory is the girl in the pink in this picture!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    (((BIG HUGS)))) Soup Nazi......I'm so sorry for the heart break your family has suffered, but you are so right- God knows why, and some day we will too.
    I hope that this helps some people that are dealing with shallow issues, I know it has helped me.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so very very sorry for your loss....we too have lost a young child in our family and its not the way nature intended it nevermind what anguish the parents and loved ones go through....you are my thought and prayers! :brokenheart:
    hugs!
    Ali
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for being such awesome people! I'm not sure why I felt compelled to write about it, it's just sometimes I wonder why we take so much forgranted. Why do we sweat the small stuff? I don't know. I do hope that everyone that read this post gave their family an enourmous hug and an "I love you.":smile: and thanks guys, for being the wonderful people that you are.:flowerforyou: