Grilled Cheez, Pleeezzzz!!!

Options
Recycledsinner
Recycledsinner Posts: 11 Member
So, if you're like me, and you find yourself feeling a little bit down and in the dumps and neglected when eating lower calorie, healthier (for the most-part) foods, then this post is JUST what you need. Cuz, gurrrrrllllll, you wouldn't think you could taste something so sinful for only 200-250 calories, but it is ENTIRELY doable! Here are a few of my favorite mixes and matches!

Turkey Veg De-LITE

2 slices low cal white bread (35 calories per slice)
3 slices deli style turkey (about 25 calories 1/2 serving)
1 wedge laughing cow veg cream cheese
1 slice borden 2% sharp cheese (50 calories)
1 tbsp I can't believe it's not butter spread (45 calories)
Spray the nonstick pan for just a 1/4 a second or so and spread the non-butter on one of the pieces of bread. On the other, slather the laughing cow cream cheese spread and add the turkey slices. Slap that cheese down and top it off with the other piece of bread that you've buttered. Put it in the pan and butter the top side while the first side griddles to golden perfection. Turn it over and cut it corner to corner and enjoy!

Here are some other ingredient variations I have been experimenting with! Hope you love them as much as I do :o)

Pizza-licious

4-6 slices turkey pepperoni, quartered (literally like 15 calories, but don't get the other kind on accident!)
diced veggies to taste (if you want) such as onion, green pepper, mushroom (just toss them around in a skillet first)
1 wedge laughing cow swiss cheese
1 slice borden 2% pepper jack (or other white cheese)
1 tsp (or more if you like) jarred pizzed sauce
Just mix the pizza sauce with the cheese spread before spreading on the bread and add the pepperoni and the veg in the middle :o)

Buffalo Wings-a-plenty (probably....no DEFINITELY, my favorite hehe)

3 slices deli style turkey/rotisserie chicken (about 25 calories 1/2 serving)
1 wedge laughing cow cream cheese
1 slice borden 2% pepper jack cheese (50 calories)
1 tsp frank's hot sauce (more or less to taste)
Mix the hot sauce in with cheese spread and apply liberally. Enjoy!

It's all GREEK to me (thought this might taste good but haven't tried it yet)

Tomato, thinly sliced
A few calamata or greek olives, sliced (20-30 calories)
1 slice sargento reduced fat provolone cheese(50 calories)
1/8 c feta cheese crumbles (40 calories)
No spread in this one, so just be careful when flipping! Also, might be good grilled in one of those low cal pita's I've been seeing floating around! :o)

Sweet and Savory

1 tbsp sugar free apricot preserves (or other if you like---10 calories)
1 wedge laughing cow light bleu cheese (35 calories)
1 slice borden 2% sharp cheese (50 calories)
The preserves go in the middle...don't knock this one until you've tried it cuz omg it's good...if you don't like apricots, pick another preserve LOL and get the sugar free kind with splenda :o)

All of these recipes are around 200 calories. I won't pretend that they are all low fat or that they would be healthy to eat daily, but I was feeling a binge and was waxing eloquent and thought I would share some recipes. Hope you all enjoy! Let me know if you try/enjoy any of these! As usual, thanks to Hungry Girl for the original inspiration of adding laughing cow cheese into a boring grilled cheese to make something delicious happen!

Replies