my biggest nsv yet!

Options
knightreader
knightreader Posts: 813 Member
so today i am getting dressed, well, trying to, and i can't find the shirt i want to wear. looking all over. finally i find a similar one in my closet that i am yet to wear b/c it was a gift and when i tried it on it didn't fit. so since i can't find the other one, i say what the heck, let me try it. IT LOOKS BIG ON ME! ok, well maybe not big, but it fits. so excited. so while i am standing in front of my closet i try a few more shirts on and they fit too.

i started january 1, and while my ticker only reads 20 pounds, it is really 40; 20 of which have come on mfp.

but today was a big day for me b/c i was seeing my parents for the first time since i started my journey. everyone else in my life i pretty much see everyday, so while some people have said something to me, it is never the amount of people you hope for. plus, i would love for my parents to notice.

of course they noticed. they are my parents. my mom was almost in tears, so proud of me. asking all types of questions. dad was proud too. made me proud of myself. i have had some nsv in the past, i love using a new hole in my belt for example, but having my parents tell me how great i looked over and over, really takes the cake! mmmmmmm cake! but the compliments were better than any cake could possibly taste today!

i don't have any friends on here, not sure i want any, but want to thank all the people who have supported me in the posts, all the people whom i have learned from in their own posts and everyone for their hard work and motivation. all of you helped make my mom's day, which made my day!

Replies

• JTHRONES
    JTHRONES Posts: 75
    Options
    Congratu-freakin-lations! I'm very happy for you and I don't even know you! I'll take NSV's anyday!
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    congrats on your current NSV, and good luck in your continuing journey!
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Feels great to have the people who mean the most so proud of your accomplishments! 40 lbs since Jan is amazing! I am at 26 and feeling proud. Man I would love to be at 40 already! Bask in the glory!!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love that your parents are so happy and supportive of you!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Super awesome! Good for you. It's wonderful when someone else notices your victory!! Congrats!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations!
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    These kinds of NSV are SO much better than cake. You should be proud of yourself, You have earned all of your NSVs! Congrats!
  • Medtech2004
    Medtech2004 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is awesome!! I had a similar thing happen to me last week with my Dad :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! :)
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is such an awesome thing! I know I went out of town for Easter and saw one of my very good friends, who I hadn't seen since New Year's weekend. She is like a big sister to me, her sister is my best friend since we were 3 years old (42 years). They are a very fit family. She was so proud of me and so excited to see how much weight I had lost. She said she can't wait to see me probably not until July (vacation) at the beach. I have lost 37 pounds since beginning of January. People are really starting to notice, even people I hardly know at work stop me in the halls and congratulate me on my great job. It is such a great job!
  • knightreader
    Options
    thanks for all the congratulations! keep working hard. gonna go out for a walk...
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Awesome job....amazing accomplishment!
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV! You SHOULD be proud!

I have no idea how you did it without any friends on MFP though. I don't know what I would do without my MFP friends!

:flowerforyou:
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good hard work. It is awesome to get compliments from others noticing your weight loss.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    congrats to you and your victory. hope that you change your mind about myfitnesspal friends. I know for me, without them, I would have gave up a long time ago. I could not have done it, and continue to do it without the help of all these lovely people. If you change your mind, I would love to be your friend up here to support eachother. Good Luck.
  • addjkd
    addjkd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I am restarting today and can only hope I do as well as you have done. Keep up the good work. It feels great when those closest to you start noticing!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I saw my mom at about 20lbs lost, and she did notice but I'm really looking forward to going home and seeing my sister, dad and other friends next month when I'll be further along in my process. Keep up the good work!
  • knightreader
    Options
    congrats to you and your victory. hope that you change your mind about myfitnesspal friends. I know for me, without them, I would have gave up a long time ago. I could not have done it, and continue to do it without the help of all these lovely people. If you change your mind, I would love to be your friend up here to support eachother. Good Luck.

it's not that i am against friends. it is two reasons really... one is that i am not sure i would have time to be a good friend back. and secondly, i am so motivated that i almost want to keep the friends option in my back pocket for when things start not going as well, then i can kick in the friends thing and get back on track. thanks for the encouraging words...
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Mmm Cake! You should reconsider friends, we rock! However, sounds like what you're doing is really working. Way to go on the NSV. We love those around here!
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's a great story, and one of the best NSV's I've heard on MFP. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!