Mistaken Identity or Quick on His Feet?

Options
okay, so i've recently really started to get serious about adding regular exercise to my routine and i've felt pretty good about it. i have lost 40+ pounds in less than 100 days and this morning, as i was getting dressed to go walking, i was thinking my "belly bloat issues" are pretty much behind me and i was feeling pretty damn good about myself.

sun was shining - and i headed out up the hill on my trek around the big block. about 1/4 of the way, a well dressed man who i have never met before (in fact, i don't believe i've ever even SEEN him before, despite living in a very small town) crossed the main street in town and we exchanged good mornings - then he stopped and the follow conversation ensued:

Random Stranger: getting your cardio on?
Out of Breath Me: yes, trying to.
R.S. : that's admirable!
OOBM: thanks. i've gotta do something.
R.S.: i jog and i've already done my run this morning. *proceeds to detail route*
OOBM: *confused as to why i'm privy to this information* that's great! good for you!
R.S.: you should jog with me sometime.
OOBM: *more confused* - oh gosh, no, i'm totally not ready for jogging!
R.S.: well, i know, not now! but maybe after. it's commendable that you are keeping your routine even while you're PREGNANT!!
OOBM: ohhhhh, noooooo, sir - *flashing the biggest smile i can muster up* i'm not pregnant - just out of shape!
R.S.: OHHHH MY GOOOODNESSSS - please forgive me!! have we met? you're not cindy??
OOBM: no sir.
R.S.: we haven't met at church? you're not pregnant??
OOBM: ummmm, no sir. not me. *still smiling*
R.S.: please, please, please forgive me!
OOBM: no apologies, sir, it's not YOUR fault i'm out of shape!! precisely why i'm walking - and i figure i'm lapping the old me, who'd still be in bed this early on a sunday morning! have a nice day!! :) *headed back on my walk in the opposite direction of Random Stranger*

sooooooo, i must admit, i did then tear up a little for about one block. then it just made me more determined and i picked up the pace a little, reminding myself of how far i've come.

afterwards, i wondered: did he indeed mistake me for a preggers fellow congregation member or is this very sweet stranger just very smooth and quick on his feet? haha

either way, i'm still smiling! :) just wanted to share! haha