Dark Circles Underneath My Eyes - How To Get Rid?

Options
KatKatatrophic
KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
I didn't know where to post this, so it's here. Anyways, as you can see, I have super pale skin. Don't get me wrong - I love it! The problem is I have dark circles under my eyes that are very prominent. I don't like using make-up to cover up something like this.

I don't even use concealer or foundation, it really messes up my skin and I can't find a tone for my paleness. It's not heredity, my parents don't have it. At least, I don't think so. I don't stare at their eyes, but it doesn't seem like it when I talk to them. Anything natural?

I've tried ice for a short amount of time (one minute, haha), so I don't know if that actually works. Is it how I eat? My nutrition...it's not the best. I hate my fruits & vegetables; I still eat like I did when I was little. I'm 18 and still don't eat that stuff. Is it fiber, protein? I've always been told I don't get a lot of that still.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I used to have a problem with having bags under my eyes, but I believe it must run in my family because one of my brother's also has the same problem. I personally use makeup to hide them, because I wear makeup everyday. They aren't as bad as they used to be, less purple and less bags. There are a few different things you can do if you don't want to use makeup.

You could place a wet washcloth in the freezer before bed. Even if you are only going to sleep for a little while, you should still do this. When you wake up, take the washcloth out of the freezer, place it on your forehead and eyes and lie down. Leave the washcloth on for approximately five minutes.

Another thing you could do is place cold tea bags on your eyes. Rinse two new teabags in cold water til they are completely wet. Place the tea bags over your eyes for about 10 minutes, then throw the tea bags away. The tea bags might stain your eyes, so wash your eyelids thoroughly with water after taking the tea bags off. The tannins in the tea bags will reduce swelling, and the moisture of the wet tea bag will absorb into your eyes.

You can also put aloe underneath your eyes. Before putting on makeup or any moisturizer, apply a small coating of fresh aloe to the bags under your eyes. Just take a little bit and rub it under your eyes until it's completely rubbed in.

One of the things that helped me the most was moisturizing under your eyes. I'm not sure the exact name of my lotion, but it's not specifically for bags it's just a moisturizer for skin, but it does help.

I hope this helps! Sorry it was so long!
  • daz60
    daz60 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi, i once heard it can be due to a low iron level.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    Sleep.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    i would try an eye cream like nutriganics (one not so chemical-heavy) and just put it on before you go to bed. a lot of the times a good dose of moisture to the area will help the bags disappear.
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    MAC makeup! LOL and sleep! I have the same problem!

( I hate makeup too but wear it when I go out sometimes)
  • Julielynn83
    Options
    They have eye masks at ULTA! I like to use them before I go to sleep!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i used to put Vaseline when i had dark bags back in the day when i had severe eating issues, sleep problems and drug abuse. looked like a real hot mess. but the Vaseline did help it look better. good luck to you.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Sleep :yawn:
  • Julielynn83
    Options
    Look into Juice plus! I take those too and like it so far!
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have this as well, not even make up disguises them! I'm used to it now, I just kind of go with it! But, I find they are SO MUCH WORSE if I have white pasta or drinking chocolate. Possibly a coincidence, though I do think for some it can be diet related.
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem- one eye worse than the other- I think it's sinus/ allergy related for me, although i'm looking forward to trying teabags and such! The nettipot helps for me.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It can be hereditary, but yours are most likely caused by malnutrition.

Which you already knew.

Eat your vegetables.
  • suthrnladey
    Options
    This under Solutions Vibes Wake Up Eye Roller from Avon is great!

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?cat_type=C&dept=prodline&lineId=352&pf_id=40826
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Rest, exercise, plenty of hydration and good nutrition worked for me. I don't know which of the four made the most difference, but even with hereditary dark circles and very deep set eyes, they're a lot less noticeable than when I was younger and didn't eat as well and didn't drink as much water.

But when I did have them, Sally Hansen had a really good under eye makeup by Carmindy, the makeup artist from What Not To Wear. It's not a heavy concealer, but a pinkish makeup that reflects light.
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am using ROC Multi-Correxion Eye Treatment (for dark circles and wrinkles) and I have also found on really bad days that a cotton swab dipped in cold milk and applied to tired puffy eyes works wonders. Mine is hereditary but sometimes (when I consume alcohol the night before) it is worse.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    It can be hereditary, but yours are most likely caused by malnutrition.

Which you already knew.

Eat your vegetables.
    [/quote

hmmm harsh? could be put in a better way???? A young girl asking a question....????
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Cover them with salmon colored concealer applied before your foundation. Neutralizes that bluish undertone tone of the circles (I know, I'm Casper colored too, same issue but this seems to work well for me!)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    As other people have said - sleep.

How many hours are you getting a day? My sister has dark circles because she can only sleep for 3 hours a day.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    As other people have said - sleep.

How many hours are you getting a day? My sister has dark circles because she can only sleep for 3 hours a day.

8-9 hours a day (: