How many calories do u eat 4 P90x?

Options
I am curious what everyone(mainly women) has for their calorie goal that is doing P90X and who is wanting to LOSE weight?
I am 27, 5'6", I want to lose 30 pounds(go from 166-136) and have MFP set to 1500 calories a day. The guide book says a much higher number but I want to LOSE weight and slim down....so I need a deficit. SO ....I'd like to know what you have as your calorie goal and if you eat back you exercise calories or not?

Replies

• MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Does the book not tell you how to create a deficit? You usually take off 500 calories for weight loss.
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think the guide book already has the exercise calories included, whereas MFP will add them in as you complete each workout. It will probably work about about the same, the maths is just a bit different!
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    the last poster is correct, P90x has your workout calories include in what they suggest for you for calories to eat, which isn't really imo a good way to go about it since you won't burn the same amount of calories during every workout... best thing to do is have a HRM and follow MFP and make sure you eat back your workout calories.

I have mine set to maintain so that will be different then what you need. but mine is set to 1350 and then i eat back my workout cal or most of them anyways.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I use my MFP guide for weight loss. It has my cals set around 1490, but doing P90X and other activities burns a ton. You have to eat back at least most of those cals to keep your body from "starvation mode", but I rely on my heart rate monitor to know what I'm really burning. It's definitely worth the math to figure out your basal metabolic rate then keep track of your calorie expenditure and follow your nutrition cals to keep a healthy balance. 500 calorie per day deficit is good to lose 1lb a week.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • bruinschick13
    bruinschick13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing P90X. I'm currently 120lbs, 5ft 5in, 35yrs old. I go by the nutrition plan, which adds an approximate calorie burn already. I take in about 1800 calories a day. You need to fuel your muscles in this program big time or you won't lose weight. Also, and this is something HUGE, as you gain muscle, the scale might actually go up. Muscle his more dense than fat. A lot of people who use P90X get discouraged because they use the scale and either don't see it move or it goes up, but it's all because of muscle. I only weigh myself maybe once to every other week. Don't trust your scale, trust your measurements and your clothes. Are you using team beach body? Do you have a coach? Shoot me a message if you don't. I'd love to help :)