Listing for 500 cal or less?

Options
Luvmyhubby222
Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
Is there any resource you guys know of where I could search dinners for 500 cal or less (vegetarian would be even better)? I am looking at the end of my day at how many cals I have left, and it would be so helpful to have a list to search from to stay within my alotted number. Any ideas? If there isn't one, maybe we could start one?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is a good website to find low calorie dinner recipes!
  • reden324
    reden324 Posts: 33
    Options
    www.hungrygirl.com also has some great recipes for under 500 calories
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Have you ever been on pinterest.com? There are some really great low-cal recipes on there (along with a ton of other stuff!)
  • createdbylaurie
    Options
    Great idea! Why don't you start one?
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    http://www.yummly.com/recipes

On the left side you can pick and chose which option you want to search the database for.
  • karmamaof2
    Options
    Why not just pre plan and log your meals in the morning or the night before? If you plan the whole day at once, you can have a balanced day and not have to struggle to make things fit when you are hungry and just wanting to eat.
  • jenna_kirstin
    Options
    www.bbcgoodfood.com

Excellent website!
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Options
    Good ideas. Thanks.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Why not just pre plan and log your meals in the morning or the night before? If you plan the whole day at once, you can have a balanced day and not have to struggle to make things fit when you are hungry and just wanting to eat.

Some of us do better if we eat more early in the day. I like to have breakfast, lunch, and two snacks during the day, so my dinners are usually around 300 calories.My dinners actually end up being quite large and substantial though! Not a struggle at all.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is a good website to find low calorie dinner recipes!

I use this site and www.eatingwell.com
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    http://www.yummly.com/recipes

On the left side you can pick and chose which option you want to search the database for.

i was gonna suggest this website too, it is the bees knees!
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Check out the library as well for healthy-eating cookbooks.
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Options

Some of us do better if we eat more early in the day. I like to have breakfast, lunch, and two snacks during the day, so my dinners are usually around 300 calories.My dinners actually end up being quite large and substantial though! Not a struggle at all.

I do plan my meals, but as a vegetarian I find I usually have a lot of staples on hand (fresh fruit and veg). I was just thinking it would be nice to browse a site by calories, then say," Hey! I have those things in the kitchen!"
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Soups. If you don't eat homemade soup, you should try it.
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Options
    We just made soup tonight!