exercise calories

Options
not this is not another "should i eat back what i exercised?" thread, but it is somewhat related.

basically im just concerned about when i exercise. they say to eat back calories, but is it also valid to eat more calories, and then exercise them away?

for example, friday night i went out drinking and had food (gotta love the munchies...) i ate less all day but i still went over my calorie limit. so saturday morning i exercised to compensate for the extra calories. i dont know biology so idk how long it takes the body to turn calories into energy/fat, but is this bad? should i instead try to exercise first and then (literally) eat them back, or is any exercise good whether its before of after consumption?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about what happens over a single 24 hr period, think of it as an average over time. To put on weight you have to regulalrly go over your TDEE , similarly losing weight requires staying under for some time.
  • iamlottiebee
    iamlottiebee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Maybe try checking out your weekly totals (in Reports) to see how you're doing over that period of time. Going over for 1 day if you're under a little bit each day for the rest of the week, you'll balance out easily.