Teacher who wants to lose weight.

Options
I'm 46 and I've decided that it's time to get back into shape. I've lost and gained weight too many times to count. I'm tired of the yo-yo dieting. I'm trying for a life style change. I'm new at this website and I think it would be helpful to have a support group on the site.

Replies

• JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, too...sending you a friend request! Best of luck to you!
  • magsue
    magsue Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i am same age and also same story,it is hard,i think...and this should be right up your street...we need re-educating.We can al help each other!
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hi I too am trying to lose weight and I work with toddlers so if you want you can add me
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I think teachers and MFP are awesome. Sending you a friend request.
  • Stodrick
    Stodrick Posts: 17
    Options
    Middle school teacher here, trying to lose weight too! I've done the yo-yo thing for far too log, and this is one of the first things that I can be consistent with. Welcome!
  • TheNightOwl
    Options
    I'm a high school teacher, just finishing my first year. I've lost 15 pounds through making better eating choices, and not having time/food available to snack throughout the day. Yea!!!

I'm using MFP to keep myself on track through the summer and to train myself to make better choices by habit.

Thank you!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher too. Sent you a friend request.
  • larnmar
    larnmar Posts: 1
    Options
    Middle School teacher also. Today was our last day, want to go back feeling like I acomplished something for me!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    High school teacher here! I'm sending a friend request too. :flowerforyou:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow teachers!! I teach high school math and it took me until my 40's to get serious about my health. But now life is good!! : )
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Teachers in DA House!!!!
    Feel Free to Add me. I teach Vision Therapy to Spcial Needs Kids.
  • winidpooh
    winidpooh Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi There,
    HS teacher here too. I can honestly say I never seem to leave my room for breaks. Looking for quick easy healthy meal options I can eat on the go in the morning and while my class is at lunch. I don't really have time to go to the lunch room and the options there are way too tempting. Especially looking for ideas while attending family parties ans bbq's. Do you bring your own food?

Also, what do you all do for exercise and when do you find time to fit it in? I tutor most afternoons and then play taxi driver for my kids activities. Looking for some effective but quick exercise options. Open to all suggestions at this point. We are going on a weekend cruise in Aug. and I really want to feel comfortable in pictures not ashamed to have let myself go again.

Hope to hear from you :)
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi. I work as a manager at an afterschool program for kids from 6-12 years over in Denmark but am educated social worker. Just started MFP a week ago. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Another teacher here, in UK...you can't have too many friends so feel free to add me.

I gave up biscuits/cookies for Lent and have slipped back into old habits, so gave myself a stern talking to the other day and I am focussing on unprocessed foods, no sugar, ready for wearing my bikini in Dubai in two months' time :happy:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am a retired teacher. Please feel free to add me to your friend's list! Best of luck. There's a lot of good support on this site!
  • Lidenbrock
    Lidenbrock Posts: 47
    Options
    Physics and science teacher - lost 16.8kg since joining in January. Feel free to add me as friend. Fiona :-)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I have taught Pre-K to college... friend me if you like.
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi!! I'm a HS Spanish teacher in the US...but an English teacher here in Spain...for another week haha! Sending you a friend request! :)
  • jjmcahill
    jjmcahill Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not a teacher (but married to one, does that count? LOL!). Anyway, always on the lookout for new friends to help motivate me and that I can help motivate. Sending a friend request your way.
  • namienoo
    namienoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher also and just started on here two days ago! I'm 43 and my profile sounds just like yours! Maybe we can support each other!

Lynne