Women 5'-5'2": What is your goal weight??

Options

Replies

• skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i am 5 foot 3 lol SNEAKING IN HERE!
    CW: 115
    GW: 110 ish...idk, its just a number on the scale to me. just trying to have way better abs and slimmer thighs!
  • Kcharavda09
    Kcharavda09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and half and im at 117, but my goal weight is probably 105.
  • thekimwarren
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and currently 117, started at 122 (started MFP at 122, actually started at 128). My personal ideal weight would be 112, but I'll be pretty stoked when I reach 114.
  • kalyy
    kalyy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my lowest weight was 123 lbs, my goal now is 117 lbs, I think the lowest I will go is 105, after that I think I would look too skinny. :P According to an online calculator my lean body mass weights 92 pounds! It says that at 116 lbs I would have 21% body fat.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 1/2 My goal weight is 145. I'm going more on body fat % than BMI... sw 232 cw 188
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weigh 116lbs. My goal is 114 (maybe a little less). I started on MFP at 128. My highest (non-pregnant) weight was 135. My lowest weight was around 100 lbs when I was 18 and going to the gym.
  • Lmaass1
    Lmaass1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow it's crazy how different everyones' body types can be! Lol. To the people who know their Body Fat %...what do you use to measure it?? I heard scales aren't very accurate, and that body fat calipers are more accurate, but I'm not sure what I should use!
  • caytee118
    caytee118 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm 5'1 to and I'm 118 (I'm not sure since I haven't had a scale to weigh in about 4 weeks so it may be less) but my goal is 108 because it's the very end of our "healthy weight" you can add me if you want :)
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Wow it's crazy how different everyones' body types can be! Lol. To the people who know their Body Fat %...what do you use to measure it?? I heard scales aren't very accurate, and that body fat calipers are more accurate, but I'm not sure what I should use!
    My sister is the same height as me and looks her best at about 140 lbs.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

I had mine tested at the gym with a handheld device. Scales can be decently accurate but do it first thing in the morning after you pee before consuming any water to be most accurate. Body fat calipers are for sure the most accurate.

Currently I'm at 34%..
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

I had mine tested at the gym with a handheld device. Scales can be decently accurate but do it first thing in the morning after you pee before consuming any water to be most accurate. Body fat calipers are for sure the most accurate.

Currently I'm at 34%..

Actually under water testing, then the Bod Pod (which I use) are more accurate than the callipers. There are many errors involved with the callipers if the person doing the test isn't placing them correctly etc.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have never weighed my "ideal weight for height". I am currently a size 4/6 and am very strong, but I weigh 154 pounds. I'm never going to be able to be down in the 1-teens as per the BMI chart, but that's ok by me. I am just built muscularly, it's genetic, and I wear my muscles proudly. I focus more on size than weight.
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56830&page=2

Here's a site that explains all the different ways to get your BF and the accuracy of them to those who are interested.
  • Lmaass1
    Lmaass1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the help! You're all AWESOME :D!!
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    5'2" now 139 started 152 goal 127. Loss lately has been very slow.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am about 5'3 and hover between 165-170.

My goal weight would be around 125. I am looking not to just lose weight but to gain muscle and become more physically fit.
  • kalyy
    kalyy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is the BF% calculator I used: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/
    Maybe someone that already knows their real bf% can test it to see how close the result is. :smile:
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    This is the BF% calculator I used: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/
    Maybe someone that already knows their real bf% can test it to see how close the result is. :smile:

Did this out of curiosity and sorry to say its no where near accurate. Had me close to 30%.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    5'2" and aiming for 150 at the very lowest (that's not a typo).
  • cateyes00
    cateyes00 Posts: 79
    Options
    hello all. i am 5'2 and my goal weight is around 115 to 120. i WILL make it happen one day at a time. nothing happens over night. im here to encourage and support everybody!!!!!!!