Stepping out

Hi, my name is Dawn. I feel very awkward about all this, but who gets everything right the first time? LOL! I don't know how much info to give right off, but I can give the basics. I am 40something, I have a teenage daughter, a loving boyfriend, and about 90 ponds of unwanted weight. (Chuckles and laughs are allowed with me.....regardless what I say, your view may give me a different outlook and I try to keep an open mind.) My weight was fine till I had my kiddo, and I have slowly gained since then. Recently I have suffered a back injury and hit rock bottom since then, which includes but is not limited to: frustration, depression, anger, and lots of tears, oh, and almost an additional unwanted 10 pounds. This whole injury thing is a long story, but to keep it brief, I have worked hard all of my life, and to be sat roughly on my bum, I can hardly stand it. But help is on its way..... i hope. So, in the mean time, I need to work on my weight, and I feel like I hit a wall until my dietician reccommended (sp?) a website that did not work for me and then a friend suggested this site, and so here I am. I am still working out the kinks of getting around, and if I can help in anyway....I will do my best! :)

Replies

• JD830278
    JD830278 Posts: 84 Member
    Hi and welcome!

Feel free to add me as a friend, and good luck with your journey!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Hi Dawn: Welcome to MFP! It's an awesome group of people here and has been fundamental in my success so far. I am 50 and have about another 70 pounds I want to lose (thinkin' it ain't gonna get any easier if I don't get my bum in gear and do it!). Laughter and being able to use humor when the roads get bumpy is really important to me. Sounds like you have that quality : ) Please feel free to add me and good luck with your journey!
  • LadyHayes918
    LadyHayes918 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi girls! I am so new to this...I dont even know how to add ppl, etc. saw a group earlier for ppl wanting to leave the 200 range but cant find it now lol. I personally have just started getting serious about walking n watching my calorie intake...would love for you to add me. When I figure out the pic I will post one. I am early 40s..wife mother and nana
  • TeaRexParty
    TeaRexParty Posts: 125 Member
    I can relate only too well to being able to need to lose the weight now in order to feel better and not be in pain. Sending you a friend invite :)

p.s. I live in Ohio too
  • NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Feel free to add me. That goes for any of you :)