Green Tea

Options
Ok, I have a silly question. I don't like Green tea, I think it is gross, BUT I know how good it is for you and how much it helps with weight loss. So my question is, if I put in a green tea bag with a normal tea bag (to mask the taste) I'm still getting the benefits from the green tea right? This is the only way I feel that I can get it in me! LOL.
I appreciate any help anyone can offer on this subject!
Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I don't think that mixing will take away anything. Also, black tea (regular tea) has almost as many antioxidants as green tea.

Either way it's better for you than soda. :bigsmile:
  • kbeauchesne
    Options
    Ok, I have a silly question. I don't like Green tea, I think it is gross, BUT I know how good it is for you and how much it helps with weight loss. So my question is, if I put in a green tea bag with a normal tea bag (to mask the taste) I'm still getting the benefits from the green tea right? This is the only way I feel that I can get it in me! LOL.
    I appreciate any help anyone can offer on this subject!
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:

I don't like it hot. I find that it actually tastes better cold. You can also put a little honey in it (it doesn't take much) and that seems to take the nasty edge off!
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    That should be OK. Also, have you tried the flavored green teas? I have found that I like lemon ginseng with a little honey added (doesn't take much and it makes it much tastier).
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys, I will certainly try 'em out! :bigsmile:
    Oh and you are definately right, it is better than Pop!! I try to stay away from sodas at all cost!
    Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I don't really like green tea, or I thought I didn't, but I like it hot w/ honey and some lemon juice. It actually tastes good and i HATE tea :noway: Anyways, another benefit is that it boosts your metabolism and helps you burn calories :) There's an article that I put on the diet and nutrition message board of 6 flat belly foods and it has more info in there :smile:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I don't really like green tea, or I thought I didn't, but I like it hot w/ honey and some lemon juice. It actually tastes good and i HATE tea :noway: Anyways, another benefit is that it boosts your metabolism and helps you burn calories :) There's an article that I put on the diet and nutrition message board of 6 flat belly foods and it has more info in there :smile:

Thanks Vanimami!! :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I like it in iced tea.
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    The other trick is not to make it too strong. It is meant to be made much much weaker than black tea...if you leave the leaves/bag in for too long you get the bitter taste. You should be able to use a green tea bag (as long as it is good quality) three or four times (as long as it is in the same day).
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I used to hate green tea too, until I realized how to make it. It's only supposed to be steeped for three minutes max, in less than boiling water. Boiling water will make it taste bitter. Use the water just before it boils and don't go over three minutes!

Also, yes, you will still get the benefits of green tea even if you have it with another kind of tea.

Another suggestion is to try flavored green teas, and I agree that honey always adds a nice touch!

I love green tea now, and I crave a nice fresh cup of it every morning.

P.S> Don't ever add dairy to it or it will cancel out the antioxidant effects
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Green tea is an acquired taste, but once you get used to it, you'll actually look forward to it. It just feels so...healthy. If you like spices, you might enjoy chai green tea...it has a cinnamon'y taste.