How else do you measure success?

Options
joelleh26
joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
As the title says really? How else do you measure your success other than what the scales say and the size of your clothes.
For me there's a few things, being able to sit properly in the bath, my butt was too big before and my shoes are becoming rather roomy.
Last time I went to Thorpe park (oct2011) some rides I struggled to fit in, it was soo humiliating.trying to squeeze my thighs in... But I plan to go back in the summer so hopefully a nsv for me!

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Just the general feeling about feeling like a million bucks.

I feel like I actually look good. LOL. In my own head anyway.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Also, there isn't a mirror, store front window, puddle I pass, without looking at my reflection, and saying to myself, "Damn, you look good!!!!!!!!!!" LMAO
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Being able to walk a 5K Pain Free. Or to walk across the room Pain Free!!
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    This is a little embarrassing but before I would avoid mirrors. Now when I go past a reflective surface ... I always look :blushing:
    I guess just to remind myself about how much I lost and that the smaller clothes I'm wearing actually look good.
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    How I feel - if I'm eating badly and not exercising I am emotionally all over the place. When I'm exercising regularly and not eating too many treat foods I'm happy and motivated in all areas of my life!
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i just noticed my rings are loose now and my watch is turning on my wrist.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Had to buy new pants for work today and last time I bought pants I had to get a size 20 today I bought a size 16 ,felt good
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    being able to do ANY activity harder and longer without getting winded or wanting to pass out\

The extra energy I have when eating/drinking well

The lower craving because my nutritional needs are well met

Being able to have a "bad day" and not gain a pound.

Not freaking out when I do gain 1 lb

recognizing my bodily feel;ings better, knowing the difference between hunger, boredom and thirst
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Improvements in the gym!! This could be an increase to my max lifts or mastering a new movement, skill or technique.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I started doing measurements last month. I'd plateaued around 183-185 for a month or more and was getting frustrated, but had also started doing aerial silks and was always eating relatively low cal. Then without losing any weight, one day my size 12's fit - then were falling off by the end of the day...

That was when I caught on to the idea that maybe measurements would show what the scale didn't. It's slow, but when they change man, it is a big deal. :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Feeling stronger: doing more pushups, lifting heavier weights holding yoga poses longer.

Being able to exercise longer/faster/or harder.

Daily activities getting easier (like walking uphill).

And of course finding new muscle definition and taking measurements.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Pictures! Forgot to mention those!
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    Being able to do most of the things that my trainer challenges me with. Two things that i am still working on is pull ups and dips. I can now do real push ups and hold plank in all three positions for 45 seconds each. I couldn't do any of that at all when i started strength training four months ago.

I am now getting compliments almost every day on my weight loss. That always feels good.

I feel like men actually look at me now instead of through me :)
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm only at 6 pounds so far, but I'm already feeling a ton healthier and my energy is returning. My serious case of the "blahs" is going away, too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!