Milk

Options
I've read a couple different things regarding drinking milk.
some articles say drink skim milk.
some say drink whole milk for all the nutrients.

what's your opinion on which one to drink and which one is best for you

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It's great if you need the extra calories. But if you're meeting your daily needs fine without it, I wouldn't recommend that anyone replace solid food with any liquid (milk or otherwise).

In terms of muscle accretion, skim milk or other low-fat alternatives are great to drink after working out. Endurance training or heavy strength training should be followed up with chocolate milk for maximum muscle absorption (it's an easy way to get a 4:1 carb to protein ratio). But again, these things can't just be added; they need to work into your meal plan while maintaining an adequate deficit.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that it was whole milk for young growing children. After that it is your decision. I use skim, sometimes 1%, because everything else is too thick.
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    I work for the Department of Health, and our WIC (Women, Infants & Children) Program advises parents to give their children whole milk until they reach 2 years of age because young children need extra calories for their growing bodies. After age 2, they recommend that everyone drinks Skim Milk or 1% Milk because it has the same nutrients but less fat.

Hope this helps! :drinker:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    There are the same nutrients in all the types of milk....just less fat in skim milk.
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    I work for the Department of Health, and our WIC (Women, Infants & Children) Program advises parents to give their children whole milk until they reach 2 years of age because young children need extra calories for their growing bodies. After age 2, they recommend that everyone drinks Skim Milk or 1% Milk because it has the same nutrients but less fat.

Hope this helps! :drinker:

that helps alot thanks :happy: