Skinny Latte ?

Options
BAtobe
BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
I love latte's! My question is, that I can only find Starbucks values in the database. But for a skinny SUGAR FREE caramel latte, it's showing a sugar value of 24g! How is that possible and are Starbucks values to be trusted against the average espresso stand latte?

Replies

• Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    There is still sugar in the milk but that 24 is wrong. A tall nonfat latte at Starbucks is 100 calories and 14 grams of sugar, it wouldn't change if you added sugar free syrup (however the skinny mocha syrup does have some sugar!) you can save yourself 30 calories and 4 grams of sugar by going with a misto instead, it's half coffee and half milk, you can add syrup to it too and is a little cheaper, about $1 less if memory serves me right (I'm an ex barista!)
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Oh wait I forgot to check size, if you're going for a venti 24 is probably about right! It's not added sugar though just what's naturally occurring in milk.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Like the PP, there's milk in a latte so the sugar is from that. Also becareful with the database, people don't input things correctly. For example I get a tall skinny mocha with no whip. It's actually 90 calories, not 110 like its advertised bc that includes the whip.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Mmmm coffee!
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oh, so that's where the sugar comes from.....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't trust starbucks.

I like matcha green tea lattes. It should be simple:

green tea
    milk

It just felt...wrong... to me, so I asked the clerk to bring out the matcha package. The FIRST ingredient was sugar. 34grams.
    in GREEN TEA!!!!