merlot vs white wines

Options
so I've heard in moderation that drinking red wines vs white wines is better.....can anyone give me real advice on this matter?

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    From what ive read red wines have a component that is a potent antioxidant. So they are at least marginally healthier. I prefer whites anyway though....reds give me a headache!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    lol me too.....but I figure if I. drink it in moderation it wont be as bad....crossing fingers
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hey, juniper is a berry, therefore my gin and tonic counts as a serving of fruit.

I refuse to be disabused of this desperately held notion!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Hey, juniper is a berry, therefore my gin and tonic counts as a serving of fruit.

lol I agree! im looking and searching for outs....
  • CaroSeraMince
    Options

*Raises glass* :drinker:

Tonic has quinine, too, so....no malaria! Huzzah. And the lime? Totally vitamin C.
  • CaroSeraMince
    Options
    On a serious note though, I've been enjoying 2 -3 drinks a week and losing steadily. I just factor it in. Red has more chemicals that are supposed to be miracle workers than white. The skins of the grapes which make it red add valuable things. Does all red give you a headache? There's a lot out there to try. :D
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Red wines have antioxidents and resveratrol. Cabernets have the most. I love sweet Red wine!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    On a serious note though, I've been enjoying 2 -3 drinks a week and losing steadily. I just factor it in. Red has more chemicals that are supposed to be miracle workers than white. The skins of the grapes which make it red add valuable things. Does all red give you a headache? There's a lot out there to try. :D
    if I know I will be having a couple glasses, I always factor it in..I just wondered what the best alchohol to ingest was...
  • CaroSeraMince
    Options
    Have you heard of the French Paradox? Where they have a very heavy diet but lowest rates of heart disease? Red wine, baby!

I think as far as what's best, I steer clear of mixed drinks (except my beloved G&T). I'll drink everything neat or on the rocks to save calories. But red wine is still the best for pure health benefits.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Have you heard of the French Paradox? Where they have a very heavy diet but lowest rates of heart disease? Red wine, baby!

I think as far as what's best, I steer clear of mixed drinks (except my beloved G&T). I'll drink everything neat or on the rocks to save calories. But red wine is still the best for pure health benefits.
    lol ok I feel alot more secure in my choices
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love red wine. I drink a glass with dinner several times per week. I log it in to my food diary.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I think its the tannins in red wine that give some people headaches. I like reds but they don't seem to like me much. A nice semi dry reisling and I am a happy woman.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

*Raises glass* :drinker:

Tonic has quinine, too, so....no malaria! Huzzah. And the lime? Totally vitamin C.
    I've heard of docs suggesting gin and tonic for juniper allergies!