Low carb anyone?

Options
Is anyone doing the low garb/Atkins diet? I've tried it several times and its great the first week, but after that I don't see the results like others claim. My weight just bounces up and down on the scale after a while, plus it gets boring when putting so many restrictions on yourself.

Replies

• sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't work for you, why do it? Nothing works for everyone. If you need to do lower carb, just change your percentages on your diary. I keep mine under 100g and get my carbs from veggies, fruit and low carb bread and tortillas.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Have successfully lost 18% of my former body weight doing moderated carbs. I keep them at about 120 net carbs daily. Extreme anything seems unsustainable. To get adequate calories every day, my protein intake is >100. Work out your own formula and get on something that you can sustain over time is my suggestion.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if its something I'm doing wrong....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you can't really sustain it, why not try something SLOW carb, like South Beach?
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Have successfully lost 18% of my former body weight doing moderated carbs. I keep them at about 120 net carbs daily. Extreme anything seems unsustainable. To get adequate calories every day, my protein intake is >100. Work out your own formula and get on something that you can sustain over time is my suggestion.
    Apologies, should have noted 120 g and 100 g respectively in the former note.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I thought they were the same thing. I will have to do some research on SB.....

For now I'm thinking about switching back to just eating healthier (low fats, veggies, fruits, lean meats, and whole grain carbs) and continuing my exercise. I'm just a bit worried my body won't react well to the switch.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I thought they were the same thing. I will have to do some research on SB.....

For now I'm thinking about switching back to just eating healthier (low fats, veggies, fruits, lean meats, and whole grain carbs) and continuing my exercise. I'm just a bit worried my body won't react well to the switch.
    South beach isn't low carb. It's whole grains, vegetables, fruits...lean meats.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I lost 48lbs the first time I did atkins, but the second and third times weren't as wonderful. My body responds to low(er) carb so I'll always do some kind of low carb, but this time around I'm allowing myself some fruit a couple times a week, and a slice of whole grain bread or a low carb bagel with breakfast. So far with this approach I've lost 8.6lbs in about a week and a half (yes, some of its water but it cant all be). It depends on your body and how it reacts to different foods