I ran a mile today! wahoo!

Options
Sorry you guys but I just had to toot my own horn just one time :bigsmile:

I haven't ran a mile in 5 years...and I did it today! Wasn't planning on it, it just sorta happened. It was an 11 minute mile, and I want to run a 10 minute mile eventually (I've nevvvvver done this). Woohoo for getting fit!

Replies

• leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    WooHoo, good for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Woohoo! That's awesome!! Keep up the great work and soon it'll be 2 miles :bigsmile:
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Gotta love when things like that just sneak up on ya...my first time I had just gotten the new Nike Shox shoes..I now refer to them as "My Magic Shoes!" High 5 MFP friend...keep it going...
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You just reached my personal goal (to finish a mile, though mine is at any speed, haha!)

Can I ask how long it took you to get there?? It's taken me just about 4 weeks to get to half a mile, I'm wondering if the same "pace" can be expected or if maybe I'll get there sooner. :happy:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!!! :bigsmile:

Well I've been doing the elliptical for about a month 6x a week. It definitely got my endurance up...at first I could barely finish 30 mins without dying. I started at 30 mins, then 45, now 60. Just started trying to run this week and I ran for 5 mins the first day, 6 mins the next day, and I was going for 7 today, but it turned into 11! I did it after the elliptical so my heart rate was up--I think that made it easier.

OR

It could be the new pair of biker shorts I wore today :wink: :wink:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    woo hoo, you rock girl!!! you should be SO proud of yourself. Now you have to go over and join our runner's club thread if you haven't already :flowerforyou:
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! Im so jealous! I just started to be able to"jog" for 3 minutes....NOT 3 MILES...just minutes.

So sad, but I will eventually get there. (hopefully) GOOD FOR YOU!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that is AWESOME!! I am working my way up....but cant see the end where I can run a whole block....uh I mean mile!:laugh:

Good job!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!