5 months, 69 pounds lost. Why am I so emotional?

Options
My subject line says it all. Today marks 5 months and 69 pounds lost. However, I am wondering why I am sometimes now an emotional trainwreck. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the relatively quick weight loss. No surgery or medications to lose weight. Just watching what I'm eating and logging everything on MFP daily. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    First of all, GREAT JOB!! That is awesome and you deserve to be very proud of yourself. As for the emotions, sometimes we get emotional when we experience a big change. In your case, it is an awesome accomplishment! Maybe your body will just take some time adjusting to the change and then the emotions should turn to pride and confidence! Job well done, keep it up! :)
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Significant weight loss, especially rapid weight loss, comes with a change in body chemistry. More specific to your emotional state, there is a change in hormone levels while your body is adapting.
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss! That is no small feat.

How did you lose the weight? Diet, exercise or a combination of both?

I suffer from bouts of depression/moodiness that are usually brought on by stress, so I can somewhat relate. I find that exercise, or any kind of physical activity, really, helps me tremendously. If your not exercising I would recommend trying to incorporate more physical activity into your routine.

On the other hand, I think it is possible that your diet and/or hormones could be playing a role as well and you may want to investigate those further. For instance, I recently read that gluten intolerance can cause emotional instability.

And of course, I wouldn't hesitate to talk to your doctor. I hope you feel better. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!