5 months, 69 pounds lost. Why am I so emotional?

Options
My subject line says it all. Today marks 5 months and 69 pounds lost. However, I am wondering why I am sometimes now an emotional trainwreck. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the relatively quick weight loss. No surgery or medications to lose weight. Just watching what I'm eating and logging everything on MFP daily. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Yep, I had to deal with a lot of issues that I used to shut up with food.
    I became a different person, I had bad feelings towards myself for how I let myself go.
    I have had good and bad days but changing your life in a major way is emotion!
  • angieling3
    angieling3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I'm more emotional now, then when I was 300lbs. I talked to my trainer and he stated that its probably because I used to ignore things or shrug them off. Things like my health, diet and self esteem were never important to me, so I never thought about them. Now that I'm "aware" of them and I'm more concious of my decisions, it plays an active role in my life.

However, don't let this consume you or you'll be unhappy. Live your life accordingly.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    That's because you haven't dealt with all of the emotional issues that caused you to gain all the weight.

Sometimes weight is a security blanket. When you lose that fat, you lose that comfort.

Also, you may be B12 deficient. I would see a doctor. B12 deficiency can cause feelings of remorse, guilt, and low self-esteem.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I did a quick Google search to see if there was anything about estrogen/testosterone fluctuations during weight loss. What I found mostly related to weight gain or menopause. I don't know if menopausal issues would apply to you or not. However, I've been experiencing something similar. It's more what's being revealed as the pounds drop that I'm having to learn how do deal with. Taking stock, with rigorous honesty, of what got me here. Why did I do this and and stay here so long? Just one example: I've been feeling exposed. People are beginning to notice my weight loss and I'm being treated differently while I'm out. To call it uncomfortable is an understatement. Even someone mentioning that I've lost weight makes me want to crawl inside myself. What the hell is that all about? I had to do a lot of thinking and writing. The answer I found was that I don't want them to see me. I want to stay hidden and unnoticeable. I've been hiding behind my body and I was comfortable there...until I wasn't. Now I get to deal with the discomfort I've avoided all these years. It's been like peeling away the layers of an onion. Each layer reveals some new reason and I get to address them one by one. It's a joyous, scary, exhilarating, confounding roller coaster.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    your body is adjusting... :) I only lost 12 pounds and am cold a lot of the time and I live in Hawaii!!! :P give it time. dark chocolate is good! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!