NO fiber in a bean-n-cheese burrito?!

Options
gayje
gayje Posts: 230 Member
This irked me...a little hard to believe but I can't find any info online to contradict it so...

We gardened today for 6 hours and I didn't feel like cooking the fam dinner so we ate Muchas Gracias take out instead. I recorded my Oregon Buritto (holy cow! 22 grams of fat!) and just for grins and giggles, looked up my daughters burrito, a bean and cheese burrito, to check on it's nutritional stats so I can change to something less fattening when we eat there. 12 grams of fat, much better. I was blown away that the fiber content was a big fat 0 though. What the heck? How is that even possible with all those beans? Any ideas people?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    You mean on the MFP database? Because many people that add foods here are lazy and can't be arsed to spell the food item right, let alone get the nutrition info complete-- or even correct.

Your best bet is to try and contact the restaurant and get the correct information, if you are concerned about it.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You mean on the MFP database? Because many people that add foods here are lazy and can't be arsed to spell the food item right, let alone get the nutrition info complete-- or even correct.

That's something I didn't think about. I'm meticulous when adding a food and it's nutritional info to the MFP database and I find myself double checking existing info all the time just to be safe. Thanks for the idea. I am going to call them about it.