40, Christian SAHM seeking friends

Options
Hi! I lied already - Im 43. Im a stay at home mom of 3 quirky kids. I started MFP last winter and, stopped and then realized Hey! MFP was a tremendous help. I got here because my 2 former babysitters asked me to come on board. I have asked my "real life" friends if they would join but I think they think I've joined a cult.

Ive lost 22 pounds and my secret is something revolutionary, you have to friend me to find out. Just kidding ....the secret is....eating in moderation! This new way of eating is so helpful and so common sensey, that it makes me blush when remembering cabbage soup, cayenne lemonade, weigh down, cleanse, zerona, eating eggs and steak, low fat (I can eat twice as much!), starvation and just last month I contemplated the Hot Yoga Craze. At this point of my life, I cannot even watch /or read about someone going through one of those crazy diets without feeling crummy. So Im seeking other Christian SAHM who would like to talk about our insane kids, give support, encouragement, empathize, friendly chastise, bible versus, and want to eat, God given yummy food just like thin people.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM too! Isn't it such an easy concept?! I find it only works though if i'm diligent about keeping track of what I eat, and inputting things *before* I eat them (that's gotten me out of doritos, a big mac.... i just looked at the numbers and said "Ugh! Really? That's so not worth it!)

Feel free to add me!
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom too with 3 kiddies! Feel free to add me!
  • TeaRexParty
    TeaRexParty Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What does SAHM stand for? I'm so bad at abbreviations, lol. And I'm with you guys as far as being so over the diets and its about keeping track of what you eat. But last time I had success I took it even further in that I did freezer cooking, sort of my own nutra-system but instead of having their crappy food delivered I made it myself. I had a bunch of choices for breakfast but then all my lunch and dinner meals were already predone to all be 550 cals each. I wasn't strict about it, like if I wanted to eat something else I could but I'd keep track. But on days I didn't care and stuff was hectic it was all done ahead instead of me heading for fast food.

Anyway no kids yet but would be glad to friend up and talk about the rest :) But my hubby and I are becoming foster parents so soon that will change too.
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ME too.....add away :)
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Me too, add me...:smile:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am a homemaker, 43, and am losing 30 lbs....started mfp 3days ago. Add me, please! MinMin
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    SAHM appears to be an acronym for Stay At Home Mom :)
  • TeaRexParty
    TeaRexParty Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had a bunch of really nice people msg me and let me know....and I feel silly for not knowing that because it seems so obvious now. But thats nothing new :)
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I had to look it up too lol!
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM too!!! Feel free to add me! :)
  • MrsAngelique
    MrsAngelique Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    lol.. I am a stayhome home school mom of teens. I just started a thread called Christians empowering other Christians. I hope you all can stop by and encourge one another, find encourgment and support. Thanks!
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom and a chirstian for anyone who wants to add me