New and determined

Hi everyone! My mom recommended this site to me as I've been trying to lose weight. I was never really heavy as I ran a lot in high school for cross country and long distance track. I was literally able to eat anything I wanted and never had to worry about it. During college, I ran out of meal points and started eating a lot of breads and soda and quickly started gaining weight. But it wasn't readily apparent to me. I had stopped working out and exercising and just became more of a couch potato. To make it worse, my friends and I enjoyed eating out and enjoying the various restaurants and cuisines our college community provided.

Flash forward to the present (almost 10 years) and I had gone from 165 to 215. I was in a state of denial until I realized that my pants were getting a bit tight. I have applied to the Air Force Officer program and think I am a strong candidate, but I needed to be under a certain weight for my height. I've been dieting and exercising since Feb and have lost about 10-11 pounds so far. But I haven't been keeping track of anything and have been having a hard time losing the last 5-10 pounds. I'd hate to have gone through all that work and process only to be disqualified because of one pound!

Hence, I am determined to make weight so IF I'm selected, I can accept right away. Any tips, pointers, and help would be appreciated! :)

Btw, it's been crazy switching my diet to an almost vegetarian/pescatarian diet from a red meat, fast food diet :P

Replies

• I am pretty much in the same boat. I have been an athlete all of my life but in college, I lost control. Now I want to get back into the rhythm and get back down to the weight I was in high school. It's hard starting up again but I hope it gets better.
  • Arhoades76
    Arhoades76 Posts: 7 Member
    Congratulations on your decision for a healthier you! I was never obese, but unhappy with how things were going. I have been using this site, on and off, for over a year. Once I started exercising with a program I LOVE, I got serious about watching how much I eat. I have lost nearly 15 pounds, and am much happier.
  • Arhoades76
    Arhoades76 Posts: 7 Member
    If you are interested in any workout info, message me! If not, that is ok too! Good luck!