Accumulated NSVs

Options
I wrote this up to post on reddit and figured you guys might like to see it too!

I have lost 36 pounds out of the 90 total I'm taking off (5'0"/F, to put that in context). I've been trying not to make a big deal out of the little things I've noticed, but they've finally added up to a point that I can't completely ignore them anymore! So, in no particular order:

* I had to start wearing a belt for the first time ever.

* I am able to access the majority of my wardrobe, when I was down to one pair of pants, one huge shirt, and one jacket that fit before. Even my shoes have stopped hurting my feet.

* People at school seem to take me more seriously and I don't feel invisible, ignored, or dismissed.

* When I look down, I see boobs and then feet/floor, without belly in the middle.

* When I try to put my hands on my hips (because what else do you do with them when you're just standing there), I stop in midair before I realize that I haven't gone far enough to hit actual body yet and have to go another inch or two.

* Today my boyfriend requested some very fatty, high-calorie food for his birthday, so I told myself that going way over my calories for one day wouldn't matter. I ate with that in mind, but then when I totaled it up, I had somehow managed to stay completely on track. This is the third time I've done that, totally inadvertently.

* I had to go to the store today, so I tossed on some pants and a t-shirt, quickly looked in the mirror on the way out the door, and walked over there. It wasn't until I was on my way home that I realized I hadn't even considered putting on a sweater or jacket to hide myself (which was definitely not happening a few months ago).

* My face has stopped being bright red all the time and I can go out in public makeup-free without people asking if there's something wrong with me.

* I am no longer bumping into things all the time.

* I feel rested after sleeping, rather than just feeling like I wasted a few hours being unconscious.

Those are the specific changes I've noticed, and I generally just feel a lot better in all aspects. I'm surprised to have seen such rapid progress and so many differences already, but it's happily surprised.

As to how I'm doing it, I have basically cut any processed crap out of my everyday diet. I don't follow any particular plan or program, but tend to eat primarily boneless/skinless chicken breasts/thighs (depending on budget), almonds, fresh fruit, and raw or steamed vegetables. I cut out all soda and went down to one cup of coffee a day (and not usually every day), excepting when I have to stay up very late or get up very early. Also, I usually don't eat anything until early afternoon, eat little throughout the day, and then consume most of my food for the day around 8PM; it's not to achieve any particular effect, but pretty much just follows when I'm hungry and works well for me.

I haven't put together any sort of exercise regimen because my schedule is really variable and I get frustrated when I screw up a predefined plan. I use a set of Bodylastics resistance bands to do strength training when I can, and when I have both the time and energy, I like doing plyometrics routines.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Those are great success. It's the accumulation of little things that make this process worth it.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Completely self-serving bump (probably shouldn't have posted in the middle of the night on a Sunday)!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!