Ready to make a life style change!!! (support needed, any ad

Options
Okay I am a 35 year old woman, I have 4 beautiful children and a husband. I have tried many diets and I stick to none. But lately, I have been on a fitness fiesta.... lol.... I've been going to the gym 4 days a week, eating small snacks (mostly fruit), drinking lots of water(which is very hard for m) blending smoothies full of fruit and veggies ( is that good)... I know in order to lose weight you have to be disciplined and commited... thats where all of you come in.... just send a friendly word or two... telling me I can doi it.... I love feedback..... I just wanna know if anybody else has any suggestions to help me along the way.... I am 200lbs and would like to lose 20lbs by mid August..... but my ultimate weight loss goal is 50lbs ..... I have had a hysterectomy and ever since the weight has piled on and has been hard to lose it...t I am not a sweet eater, not a big bread eater, my problem is meat... I love red meats ( steaks, carne asada and more) I need HELP. to stay disciplined this time and to stay away from the red meets....Looking forward to getting to know people who struggle with their weight as I do....

Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings Rose! Welcome to MFP! I think you'll love this site...sounds like you're off to a good start...here's a web address I like for nutritional information:

www.pyramid.gov

And we have a lot of well informed people at this site...ask them anything you like.

Good luck on cutting back on red meat...you don't have to do it all at once...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • iwant2clessofme
    Options
    Hello , I am new here and if I can find my way around i'll be back and would love to help motivate you. I have lostt 100 lbs so far & have about 40 more to go. I started off by cutting back & exercising, I joined Weight Watchers a year ago in July & have almost lost 50lbs since joining. You will find the right combination of food & exercise to keep you on the right path. Good luck You can do it !
  • rcarbetta
    rcarbetta Posts: 3
    Options
    I think it's great that your working toward changing your life style. The first thing I would suggest is to watch out eating to much fruit. Although there are great vitamins in there for you, they are also very high in sugars. Try keeping more veggies and maybe a little Lowfat Ranch (sliced red bell peppers, snow peas, cucumber, broccoli, celery are just a view ideas to mix it up).

I know you have been going to the gym, but what is your workout program? Are you just on the tread mill or bike? The reason I ask is because your body responds best to burning caleries when you mix your work out up. My husband and I have been doing a program p90 from beachbody.com. All the workouts can be done with your own body resistance, the work outs are mixed up so you are "confusing the muscles" and we burn a heck of a lot of caleries. It's just a thought.

Good luck and if you have anyother questions, I would love to help.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It is great you are making the change. For me, I find so long as I have things in moderation and don't give everything I love up, it is easier for me to eat healthy and lose weight. You can still have the things you love, just not every day and in mass quantities. It is a matter of retraining your brain to know that you don't need a whole bag of chips or a big candy bar but instead have the serving size or make it a treat once a week, so long as you fit it into your day. I still have a drink every now and then and maybe I go over my calories on occassion when I am out with friends, but it isn't a constant thing. I do it once in a great while and I don't feel guilty about it. I also don't overindulge either, so the amount of calories I eat isn't that horrible.

You can do it. Good luck.
  • ThaPoeticRose
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome all, I know it's been a long while... but I'm back and ready to do what I gotta do.
    Thanks for all the suggestions, you all rock!!!!!:drinker: