Insanity Nutrition Plan Successful or not?

Options
kayla1025
kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
Hi, I've been doing p90x but haven't been following the nutrition plan at all. Just watching my calorie intake but not much success in pounds just inches. My hubby will be starting insanity soon and ill be switching over to that with him just to keep more motivation going for both us :)
We are thinking to start the nutrition plan tomorrow bit exercise still another week or 2 out.. he's not able to exercise yet. Has anyone had incredible results by following the diet? I've heard mixed reviews on it. I have another 10-15lbs for my goal weight which is the high end of healthy for my height. I'm 5'4" and currently stuck at 157lbs I'd like to be 145 My hubby on the other hand is 5'9" and weights in at 225lbs the 11 years we've been together he has never gotten below 200lbs.
Any recommendations greatly appreciated and ok to friend request me :)

Replies

• sunshinel397
    Options
    bump
  • mumof3crazyboyz
    mumof3crazyboyz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 of insanity and was just wayyy too much food for me! I kinda mix it up with foods from others.
  • LeeLough
    LeeLough Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey girly! I like your topic today...mainly because me and the hubby were in the same situation a while back. Men dont really have to hard of a time with losing weight if they try. If your husband sticks with the Insanity diet theres no way he wont lose weight! My husband still eats like that and hes finshed Insanity and in month 2 of P90X. His metabolism is crazy fast now and he can pretty much eat whatever now. He went from 202 to 178 in the last 3 months! Now me on the other hand, I went from 175 to 161-162 and couldnt get below it for the last like 2 months! I was even sticking to P90X 6 days a week. It was really frustrating so I changed up my eating habits and cut out all grains, sugar, and dairy. And honestly....I missed bread for like 2 days and after that I felt amazing! No more stomach aches or headaches and I have so much energy. And after switching the diet I went from 162 to 157 in 4 days! So yes overall the Insanity and P90X way of eating is obviously healthier than 75% of Americans eat now but overall for a lifelong change, eating grains is not the way to go. Think about it.....30 years ago people were skinny and healthy. Now...our food pyramid tells us to eat multiple servings of grains and dairy everyday. There is ABSOLUTLY NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE IN GRAINS, SUGARS, OR DAIRY! Go to this website marksdailyapple.com and read a few things, it will give you a whole new perspective on life and the way people think they are suppose to eat. This website will tell you exactly why 75% of Americans are obese and why all of our children are becoming obese....its really sad girl. I base my diet on what the earth gives us. Lean meats, vegetables, some fruit, nuts, berries, spices, healthy fats like olive oil and avocados...thats just to name a few. And really if you think about it, where did your cereal come from? Or that "box" of food? Or your muffin, or bag of chips, or that horrible thing called soda, or that frozen "thing"? Its all fake food!! Now I know your struggling with your weight to and Im am so serious girl, stick with the Paleo way of eating (off of marksdailyapple.com) and I GAURANTEE you will be at 155 the next day you wake up. Just try it =) But like I said for your husband if he wants to ease into eating healthy, the Insanity or P90X diet is a great thing to start with. The only reason why I switched is because Im serious about losing weight by summer time. And it works!! TTYS =)=)
  • kayla1025
    Options
    Thanks soo much! Im def going to check out the paleo diet. I know eating clean is healthier then all the processed junk of course. It's just sticking to it, Im def a carb-o-holic lol. Ive stuck to the Insanity diet so far today but it does seem like a lot of food.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Are whey protein shakes on the paleo diet? Just wondering.
  • Gettittogether
    Options
    I am too the Insanity diet. At first it did seem like a lot of food, but as your metabolism increases you will need the calories for the workouts. I am on the low carb diet plan because I need to lose about 40 more lbs. I just simply switched out some carb options for more proteins, but I stuck to the calories alotted per meal. If you stick to the diet and exercise you will definitely see results.
  • kayla1025
    Options
    Thanks so much I'm sure once I get back to working out ill be hungry haha