HELP with BMR TDEE AND MFP

Options
So, I'm extremely lazy, I spend most of my day on my bed watching TV or working on my thesis for my college degree (on my bed, laying) MFP tells me to eat 1200 calories and also my doctor gave me a diet that is the same amount of calories that MFP.

I don't feel hungry with the quantities that I'm eating (between 1200 and 1400 when I go a little over my calorie goal haha), I really feel okay, I don't get hungry (I'm eating 5 times a day) and I used to eat more than 2200 cal before I started on a diet, but my BMR 1450 calories... So is that like really bad for my health that I'm eating less than my BMR or what?

Replies

• samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    yo tampoco entiendo nada! pero en fin trato de comer lo que dice la pagina, aunque casi nunca lo logro porque hay dias que deberia comer 1700 calorias! eso es mucha comida y siento que engordo!! :laugh:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    If your bmr is 1450 and you lead a sedentary lifestyle, eating 1200 calories/day is probably just fine to create a calorie deficit. If, however, you want to work harder to build lean mass that will burn more calories more quickly, you should eat a little more, but also work out.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    If your bmr is 1450 and you lead a sedentary lifestyle, eating 1200 calories/day is probably just fine to create a calorie deficit. If, however, you want to work harder to build lean mass that will burn more calories more quickly, you should eat a little more, but also work out.

I agree. Be more active, don't just lose weight, get healthy! I swear it feels amazing :)
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If your bmr is 1495, that means that your body uses that many calories to run your internal organs in a coma. Even sitting burns more calories than just laying still. I am not losing weight because I dont eat enough, you need to make sure you eat atleast 200 cal above your bmr for a sedentary level of activity. There is a reason why so many yo yo with weight loss, save yourself some time and don't ever eat below your bmr.