Bodymedia while pregnant?

Options
Hey,
I was planning on buying bodymedia core in may and just found out Im pregnant. I was really excited to get the bodymedia and now not so sure if there's any benefit to getting it anymore. But I still want someone's opinion. Help!!

Thanks

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    It is in their manual, but I don't really remember the answer.
  • aeiche
    aeiche Posts: 6
    Options
    Congratulations!

I couldn't find anything in the manual. My best guess is that by-and-large, it'll still work just fine. Most of the data (I think) coming from the BodyMedia sensor is based on movement. So it should be able to generate some useful information for you.

However:
    * I don't know how much pregnancy affects a woman's skin temperature or her GSR (Galvanic Skin Response - basically the conductivity of your skin), and those things may affect accuracy.

* If you're pregnant, weight-loss should be under the direction of your General care provider and your Obstetrician. They should be anyway, but especially when you're pregnant. It won't cause any problems for you to have a BodyMedia sensor and use it to see what your activity is like, and your energy expenditure. I would consult your doctor specifically.

Additionally, BodyMedia has great response through their facebook page. You can probably get an answer there.
  • laurajester1
    laurajester1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 12 weeks along with twins. I have gained slowly (as recommended) with the help of my body media and food tracking. My current average daily burn (on non-workout days) is 2200 looking back at my history I was surprised to see that my pre-pregnancy average was just under 2000. This seems to indicate that the gadget is somehow keeping track of the added strain that being pregnant is putting on my body.