The Karaoke Lounge....

Options
gse313
gse313 Posts: 252 Member
Ok... here is the way I want this to go...

Post the song you think is your best at karaoke as well as a song you think the person above you should do (maybe put the screen name incase someone else is trying to post at the same time).

As it is at my shows (yes, I am a KJ), rule number one is RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT!!!

I may not be able to make you get up and sing "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls for throwing out catcalls, but it sure as hell will make this a bit more fun!!!

Although I do sing songs from many genres (country, rock, modern pop, metal, 80s), the song that has become my "Signature" song whenever I go out is Baltimora's "Tarzan Boy"

Cheers!! :drinker:

Replies

• Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    My song: "I've Been Everywhere" by Johnny Cash

Your song: "Ballroom Blitz" by The Sweet

(I'm sadistic that way)
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    "Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely wooooorld. She took a midnight train going aaaaaannnyyyyywheeeeeeeerrrrre."
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My best song is Blue on Black by Kenny Wayne Shepherd and I think you (above) should sing Silver Wings by Merle Haggard.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My best song is Blue on Black by Kenny Wayne Shepherd and I think you (above) should sing Silver Wings by Merle Haggard.

My bad...person above you :) Replied too quick
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options

My bad...person above you :) Replied too quick

My best karaoke song....Turn the Page by Bob Seger or Run through the Jungle by CCR

Above....I'm sexy & I know it by LMFAO:wink:
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My best: "Living on a Prayer" Bon Jovi

Guy above: "Back in Black" ACDC
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My Song - What's Up, 4 Non Blondes

You Sing - Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen! :devil: (Which I have done, all by myself, doing both the low and high bits)
  • lisa1231
    lisa1231 Posts: 16
    Options
    My song - Bootylicious by Destiny Child or I will Survive by Gloria Gaynor

Person above me - Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    My best song: I want you to want me by Cheap Trick

Your song: poker face by Lady Gaga
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My best song (at this very moment): "All Your Life" by the Band Perry

For my big big sister, Lindsay: "That's What Friends Are For" - Dionne Warwick
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    My best song (at this very moment): "All Your Life" by the Band Perry

For my big big sister, Lindsay: "That's What Friends Are For" - Dionne Warwick

Aaawwwww love it Jen!!!! And I have actually sang that song!!!

So another I do: rappers delight(long version) by sugarhill gang

For Jen: wind beneath my wings by bette midler
  • gse313
    Options
    Qatsi, I have never tried "Ballroom Blitz" so I accept your challenge. :glasses:

Akijade, I think you should try "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles... I think you would do it justice. :wink:

Any and all of those posting on here... Feel free to "Friend" me if you would like. :drinker:
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    "My girl" by the Temptations..
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Qatsi, I have never tried "Ballroom Blitz" so I accept your challenge. :glasses:

Akijade, I think you should try "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles... I think you would do it justice. :wink:

Any and all of those posting on here... Feel free to "Friend" me if you would like. :drinker:

A woman I was recently seeing could tear that song "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles up:smile:
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    I was totally obnoxious when I sang "Crazy Train" by Ozzy on 70k but it was the most fun I had EVER in my life:) but I think my future signature song if they have it in the book is that I will sing "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol on the next cruise
  • gse313
    Options
    I was totally obnoxious when I sang "Crazy Train" by Ozzy on 70k but it was the most fun I had EVER in my life:) but I think my future signature song if they have it in the book is that I will sing "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol on the next cruise

Glad you had fun!! Any KJ who is worth his salt SHOULD have "Rebel Yell", it is kind of a staple. When it comes to metal, I think my best is Rob Zombie's "Dragula"... REALLY throws them for a loop when a clean cut guy (fat or thin) comes up and pulls THAT song out of the hat!! :devil:

demonNIN... I think you should try Lita Ford's "Kiss Me Deadly"... might just bring down the house!!
  • JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Being a karaoke host, I may have a few decent ones up my sleeve. My tendency is to rock and roll for certain. Breaking Benjamin, Thousand Foot Krutch, Disturbed...etc. But the ones that turn the most heads are the following (sung in that rock and roll style for sure)

Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
    Redneck Woman - Gretchen Wilson
    Baby One More Time - Brittany Spears

Good times.
  • gse313
    Options
    Ok, Jay.... One KJ to another... this should be rite up your alley due to what you have cited here... Drowning Pool "Bodies"