18.5 lbs down, 50 to go PICS

HeidiHoMom
HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
I'm 5'2 and my starting weight was 235 (the day I gave birth to DS) but my before pic I think I was about 217. I was 197.6 in the after pic taken yesterday. I still have a long way to go but thought I would share my pic (as embarrassing as they are). My before pic disgusts me, I used to be so fit. I can't believe I let myself get that bad.

What I do: track on MFP, my macros are set to 40/30/30 but my main focus is getting enough protein. I was set to 1200 like most people but then was stuck on a month long plateau. I upped my calories the other day to 1600 and broke through that plateau by a half pound. I also started The New Rules of lifting for Women in the last month and that has really helped with toning and tightening everything up. Prior to that I was doing spin 3-4 times per week and walking and seeing minimal results despite having lost 18 lbs. Since I started heavy lifting I have only lost 1 lb but lost a whole pant size.

Anyway, here are my DURING before/after pics. I still have about 50 lbs to go. (Tried to post the image but it didn't work so I just did a link).

]http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee450/heidihomom1/FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee450/heidihomom1/FotoFlexer_Photo1.jpg

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    gah the pics are huge, I did resize them. I'll try again.
  • HeidiHoMom
    hmmm I resized 3 times and still can't get it smaller!

I'm at a loss...I keep trying and nothing changes it.

Any tips?
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Good Job... keep up the good work!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    You have done an amazing job, great loss. I can see the difference!
  • lptrmn
    lptrmn Posts: 13
    Great work! I'm intrigued by the lifting program - what kind of equipment do you need, just free weights?
  • HeidiHoMom
    Great work! I'm intrigued by the lifting program - what kind of equipment do you need, just free weights?

I do it at the gym and use the squat bar and free weights, exercise ball but there are alternative exercises to do at home if you don't have a barbell. I'm pretty sure you would need some weights but there are a lot of exercises that can be modified to be challenging just using your body weight.
  • You look terrific!! Well done on your success :) I want to start lifting, but abit scared because I have a back injury :( But I love seeing the results other people have from lifting, well done xx
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    You look terrific!! Well done on your success :) I want to start lifting, but abit scared because I have a back injury :( But I love seeing the results other people have from lifting, well done xx

^^

If you have a back injury it is really important to consult your doctor before you start a lifting program. It can be done and I would also suggest that if you do get the green light that you hire a certified personal trainer to show the correct technique for lifting. You can lift without injury if you know how to do it properly.
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    HHM, we have a similar amount of weight to lose. Strength training is awesome. I love it. I am considering going back to my personal trainer for some sessions. I was going to boot camp with her but her schedule does not work with mine right now. Money is the deciding factor as it can be pricey!

I think I will invest in the book you mention. It sounds like a good tool to have on hand. You are doing so well. Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!